Bioriginal is a global leader in manufacturing natural nutritional foods, ingredients and supplements for food and beverage companies. For 25 years, Bioriginal has carved out a niche by scientifically combining ingredients from all over the world, directly from the source, to create innovative and efficacious solutions. Developing proprietary methods and systems, Bioriginal provides customized turnkey solutions for our customers that help them compete and win in a highly competitive space. Bioriginal's wide portfolio includes plant- and marine-based oils, seeds & grains, protein products, nutraceuticals and botanical ingredients. Bioriginal is headquartered in Saskatoon, Canada with facilities throughout the USA, Europe and Asia. Bioriginal is a member of the Cooke family of companies.
For more information, please visit bioriginal.com
We are currently seeking a Plant Manager to join our leadership team.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, the Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the oil plant and packaging plant, along with providing oversight to the location's maintenance department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures a safe environment for all employees, contractors and visitors.
- Leads and manages the production facility in all aspects from processing raw materials to finished packaging.
- Creates and maintains a culture of a constructive, positive, continuous improvement and excellence within the department.
- Leads process development and optimization.
- Leads the preventative maintenance and sanitary maintenance programs.
- Interacts is a positive and constructive manner with all cross-functional departments and teams.Performance Management
- In alignment with Bioriginal policies, sets clear expectations for all departments and staff, including setting KPI’s where appropriate (i.e. attendance, throughput, equipment effectiveness, equipment downtime, etc.).
- Provides coaching to all levels of staff as required.
- Sets a culture of accountability and holds others accountable as required.
- Ensures appropriate performance management practices are occurring (i.e. informal feedback, position agreements, performance appraisals, etc.)
- Proposes and manages Capital projects to improve plant performance where applicable.
- Manages costs to ensure annual budgets are met.
- Generates and communicates proactive measures to improve plant safety performance.
- Working with the Quality department, leads efforts and programs to ensure the production of the highest quality products possible.
What we can Offer:
- Opportunity to work with a great team.
- Competitive compensation package, including an industry leading benefits package.
- Opportunities for growth and development.
Bioriginal thanks all applications for their interest; however, only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Plant Management: 8 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Saskatoon, SK (Preferred)