Territory Sales Representative
Our client is a global manufacturer and distributor of high precision measurement systems.
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the Territory Sales Representative will be responsible for market-based sales of the company’s products. The ideal candidate will have worked in a sales capacity within the industrial industry sector.
This position will proactively and strategically service existing customers, attract new clients as well as source new sales opportunities and close sales to achieve financial objectives. The Territory Sales Representative will play a key role in generating revenue by providing trusted advice on proper application, product knowledge and recommendations, managing and negotiating pricing with clients and following leads. This position requires a self-starter who can create significant new business opportunities and who can effectively manage deals through the entire sales process. Position may be home based depending on candidate location.
- Drive sales within the area through prospecting, generating, qualifying, and closing of profitable sales leads to meet and exceed budgeted area sales goals and objectives.
- Design and execute action plans to grow the customer market base in general, targeting key accounts and retention of existing customers
- Be computer savvy and able to communicate both verbally and via virtual type meetings/webinars.
- Confidently articulate and promote the corporate brand, and effectively shift the conversation from price to value by demonstrating their impact on their customer’s performance.
- Understand and leverage the selling process and support the sales process with planning, measuring, monitoring, and making course corrections to meet quarterly and annual financial goals.
- Follow pricing policies and programs, and provide timely, accurate, and profitable pricing in accordance with the pricing structure.
- Work closely with customer contacts to manage and grow relationships, identify new opportunities, sell products, and ensure high customer satisfaction and retention with strategic accounts.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of prospects, including equipment needs, budgeting, decision-making, products, competition, and market characteristics.
- Continuously monitor technical advances and competitive activity, and communicate new technical, sales and product development opportunities, and other relevant information to appropriate personnel as applicable.
- Participate in trade, networking, technical events, and implement company marketing plans as needed.
- Manage expenses to meet budget guidelines, maintain sales budget, account, forecasting and reporting, as required.
- Continuously improve technical product knowledge and sales skills.
- Conduct field visits on occasion or as needed to make certain the products are meeting customer expectations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred however careful consideration will be given. To an individual’s experience and technical aptitude
- 2+ years as an outside sales professional.
- Track record of over-achieving quota is an asset.
- Advanced level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel) and Google Suite
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to maintain and promote confidentiality and integrity.
- Ability to approach problems/customer complaints by providing appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits, and to follow up to ensure resolution.
- Ability to maintain the highest standard of personal conduct in performing all duties.
- Ability to travel within Saskatchewan and Manitoba
This role will consist of a base salary of $70K in addition to commissions and bonuses targeting first year income at $100K in addition to company vehicle, cellular, laptop and full benefit program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $70,000.00 per year
- Company car
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person