Would you consider yourself a patient problem solver and a good listener? Do you have strong customer service skills and want to help others? Are you eager to join one of the most progressive and innovative public sector employers? If you have answered yes to these questions, the Customer Service Representative – YRT role might be the position for you.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Customer Service, and under the guidance and direction of the Senior Customer Service Representative, is responsible for handling inbound and outbound calls from users of conventional and rapid transit; providing real time and schedule in a telephone call centre environment; and responding to requests and resolving complaints received from the public, including some e-mail or in-person inquiries; tracks and documents details of customer interaction in the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system with the goal of responding to customers at the First Contact.
The successful candidate is eager to work in a fast-paced environment!
Our ideal candidate should have a College diploma in Business Administration, Communication or a related field. The successful candidate should have a minimum of two (2) years current demonstrated experience delivering service to customers in a contact centre environment. Other assets would include:
- Demonstrated experience in computer applications such as a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Knowledge of contact centre telephony and technology.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including communication, innovation, teamwork and collaboration, and personal ownership.
- Ability to work outside normal business hours as required.
- Ability to work shifts, weekends and holidays as required.
As Required and Varied
How to Apply
Please apply online by June 30, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$29.47 to $32.03 per hour
This is an Addition to staff
Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)