Senior Staff Accountant for Richmond CPA Firm
Richmond Chartered Professional Accounting firm is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual to join our team as Senior Staff Accountant.
A successful candidate will have a CPA designation with excellent communication skills. In this position you will have the opportunity to develop relationships with owners/managers in diverse business sectors and have work life balance.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Preparation of Compilation, Review and Audit Engagements;
· Preparation of corporate tax returns, trust returns, and personal income tax returns;
· Preparing and filing GST and other statutory returns;
· Preparation of T3's, T4's and T5's
· Supervise junior staff
· Involvement in tax and estate planning
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED
· Possess CPA Designation
· 3 – 5+ years of experience working in Public practice
· Proficient with CaseWare, Jazzit, Profile, QuickBooks, QuickBooks On-Line and Sage 50
· Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
· Positive experience in managing files, budgets, multi-tasking and paying attention to details
· Strong technical skills and able to work efficiently unsupervised.
· Strong excel and computer skills.
· Experience with owner-managed businesses and Canadian controlled private corporations
· Desire to learn and the ability to take initiative and to be proactive
· Ability to build positive working relationships with staff members and clients
· Enjoys coaching and supervising juniors
· Commitment to professional and client service excellence
Overtime hours will be required during busy seasons; accrued overtime can be taken as time off during the slower times of the year.
This position offers a competitive salary, medical coverage, flexible work hours, PD courses and paid professional dues
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Richmond, BC V7A 5H5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person