At Schwartz Furniture we have a simple goal, and that is to make shopping for Furniture, Appliances, Mattresses and Electronics easy and enjoyable by providing you the best experience possible.
With four convenient locations to serve all of Cape Breton Island, Antigonish and Guysborough counties, we really “Make it Easy” for you.
Schwartz Furniture is locally owned and operated with an exceptional history of customer service, product diversity and community involvement.
We are seeking a sales professional/ merchandiser to join our team in our Port Hastings location.
- Guaranteed base salary plus commission program – high earning potential
- Staff discount
- Exciting sales career within a dynamic team environment
- Opportunities for growth and development.
As a Sales Associate/ Merchandiser you will:
- Use exceptional communication skills to uncover customer’s needs
- Be goal oriented, well organized with excellent computer proficiency
- Use your product knowledge to find suitable solutions for customer’s needs
- Successfully convert customer opportunities into results
- Are able to complete paperwork accurately and efficiently
- Use superior interpersonal skills to develop long-term relationships with customers
- Meet or exceed established sales goals.
- Provide information to customers to ensure accurate and realistic expectations regarding delivery and after-sale experience
- Work collaboratively with entire furniture team to ensure an overall positive customer experience.
- Help with building and merchandising product.
- Completion of high school or equivalent
- Previous sales experience is an asset but not required (willing to train motivated individuals interested in sales)
- Previous experience in retail is an asset but not required
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and results-oriented
- Exceptional relationship-building skills
- Ability to problem-solve and identify solutions
- Proficient with computer programs and technology
- Enthusiastic, positive, can-do attitude
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
- Able to lift 50+ pounds.
If you are interested in becoming a member of our sales team please forward or submit in person a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time