1 Presidents Choice Circle, Brampton, Ontario, L6Y 5S5
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
There are many benefits to joining Loblaw Companies Limited after graduation. We offer an
innovative and collaborative team that can help you develop your skills, and you can see your
hard work pay off!
Loblaw is looking for talented people for a 1-year internship opportunity. What better way to
launch your career than working with Canada’s largest retailer? We offer an experience like
no other, doing work that helps Canadians to Live Life Well.
If you are a recent grad, or in your Professional Development Year from an accredited STEM
(Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) program, and ready to launch your career with an
industry leader – read on! This is the opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
How You’ll Succeed:
- Integral part of the COE team in solving reoccurring application issues and use automation to avoid manual effort/failures improving IT system effectiveness • Involve in PC financial audits to understand risks , remediate and resolve them . • Participate in remediating and improving security Controls of IT Systems for PC Financial • Work with PCF Application and business teams to document Business continuity and Disaster Recovery Plans • Modernize and keep the PCF inventory updated and Sync with CMDB • Assets of PCF COE are tracked , documents and reviewed monthly. • Review Vulnerability Report on weekly basis and work with shared services to identify action plan to drive them.
- Required Skills
- Sense of ownership and commitment and the capability to drive issues to closure
- Self-starter – able to work independently on assigned tasks and initiatives.
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytics skills.
- Experience in the IT environment would be an asset
- Must uphold, enforce, and abide by all institutional policies.
- Preferred Skills • Skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, SharePoint, PowerPoint and Visio would be an asset • Experience with Unix scripting, SQL and using Databases • Knowledge of Java or other programming languages • Understanding of File transfer mechanisms and protocols • Knowledge of generic IT Application Security concepts
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Temporary with Benefits (Fixed Term)
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.