What is the opportunity?
The Director is accountable for providing oversight on capital management of both regulatory and economic capital; delivering accurate and insightful DCAT results and reporting; delivering EWST, ORSA and ad-hoc stress testing to support adequacy of capital and deepen understanding of risks; providing oversight on capital forecasts, analysis and recommendations to ensure pro-active line of sight on capital management to ensure adequacy to support business goals.
What will you do?
- Provide oversight on quarterly delivery of LICAT results; responsible of ongoing capital management including capital forecast and recommendation of target operational range
- Delivery of Enterprise wide stress testing, ORSA stress testing and other stress testing exercises as required
- Production of comprehensive, insightful and meaningful DCAT and stress testing reporting for senior management and boards. Reporting includes discussion of key and emerging risks, capital adequacy and risk mitigating strategies
- Development and maintenance of models and parameters to determine economic capital; responsible of quarterly reporting of economic capital
- People management responsibilities including providing focus and clarity in establishing individual goals, driving performance management, supporting career development and rewarding strong performance
What will you need to succeed?
- Fellow, Canadian Institute of Actuaries or equivalent or significant academic/professional credentials in an appropriate field
- 5-10 years of relevant insurance/actuarial experience
- Demonstrated technical and modelling skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage stakeholders
- Demonstrated drive
Nice to have
- Experience with individual and group life and health insurance products
- Sound knowledge of Canadian regulatory environment
- Experience working with economic capital and stochastic models
- Knowledge of life and health insurance products
- Demonstrated ability to deal with unstructured problems and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a matrix organization
What's in it for you?
- A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
- Competitive pay and high-earning potential
- All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.
6880 Financial Dr
Required Travel (%):
Group Risk Management