Alder, an exciting restaurant from the acclaimed Alo Food Group (Alo, Aloette) and the industry game-changing Ace Hotel.
The hotel features a culinary program that’s as vibrant, inspired and culturally alive as the city around us. We’ve already got some of the city’s best culinary talent — now we just need you!
What we value most from our teammates is authenticity. Real people provide real great service, and do great work they’re proud of. We pride ourselves on the beautiful diversity and uniqueness of our team members, and their ability to forge community both as a team and with our guests.
Clean, transport and store all pots and pans used in the food and beverage operations and maintain the pots and pans room in a clean and orderly manner.
CORE FOCUS & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualified candidates must be able to satisfactorily complete the following responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Clean and sanitize all china, glassware, silverware, flatware, pots and pans in the hotel.
- Ensure kitchens have the requisite amounts of the above to properly open their shifts and that there is sufficient storage and racks in which to place dirty dishes, silver, pots, and pans.
- Responsible for the proper sanitation and cleanliness of all kitchens and food preparation areas, including ovens, grills, stoves, hoods, fryers, preparation slicers, steam kettles, tables and floors.
- Regular attendance in conformance with Ace Hotel standards
- Attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings.
In addition to the core focus & responsibilities, the candidate is expected to complete the following duties:
- Assist culinary staff during any special request or priorities as requested by culinary leadership.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in verbal and written English with guests, leadership, and co-workers to their understanding and to understand proper use of equipment and cleaning agents.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and execution.
- Have superb time management skills.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all hotel services/features and hours of operation.
- Other language, mathematical, and reasoning abilities as outlined below.
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below.
- Knowledge and understanding of Atelier & Ace Culture & initiatives
- Ability to scrub surfaces. May require extending arms overhead to perform cleaning tasks, and work in confined spaces for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule.
REQUIRED EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Previous experience in a hotel and/or restaurant preferred.
Job Types: Part-time, Full-time
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person