Position: Delivery Driver
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Wage: $18/hr, 4-12 hours a week
ColdAcre is a new start-up whose mission is to provide community-driven, reliable, fresh food in the North. Our farm located in Whitehorse, Yukon produces leafy green, herbs and microgreens throughout the year, providing over 800 lbs of fresh food a week for our community! Through our produce delivery service, WinterHarvest, we bring fresh greens and a variety of local products to customer’s doorstep. All ColdAcre employees have the opportunity to participate in the WinterHarvest program and receive great discounts on locally produced food!
We are continually expanding and searching for a hard working, smart and motivated staff to join our team. ColdAcre values work ethic, attitude and problem solving abilities over work experience and will review every applicant on a case by case basis. This position would best suit someone looking for part time work, who enjoys working independently.
Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
Delivery drivers play a key role in the day to day operations of our WinterHarvest program. As the face of the company, you will help prepare products for delivery, deliver fresh produce to customers' doorsteps, and assist customers who pickup their orders at our shop. This position starts September 2022.
Delivery drivers will:
- Work 2-3 evenings a week, delivering orders around Whitehorse
- Bundle orders together and prepare outgoing delivery vans
Necessary Skill Set:
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Punctual, reliable, and able to commit to a weekly schedule
- An interest in year round growing and local food production
- Experience and ability to drive in all Yukon winter conditions
Please send CV + cover letter to [email protected] ATTN: Chris Riemer
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 8-10 per week
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Whitehorse, YT Y1A 0E8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person