PCL Builders Inc. is currently accepting resumes of experienced Carpenter Foremanfor full time positions in the commercial buildings and civil construction sectors. PCL Builders is offering steady employment and long-term work at competitive wages for projects located in Calgary and Southern Alberta.
To apply for this position, email your resume to calgarybuilders @pcl.comand quote Requisition #18000026in the subject line.
This position is based on a standard 44 hours work week with added overtime as required. Successful candidates will be able to work overtime, shift work, weekends and be available for projects out of town.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supervise and coordinate site construction activity of PCL own forces workers including concrete formwork erection, scaffolding erection, install of embedded steel and setup of hoardings and temporary shelters.
- Direct workers for stripping of formwork and controlled interior and exterior demolition
- Coordinate work with subtrades
- Ensure implementation of PCL's safety program including hazard assessments, tailgate meetings and inspections
- Completion of hourly timecards for payroll
- Understand and follow site productivities and schedule
- Perform Carpentry tasks as required to assist the crew
- May work with or near chemicals, cranes and moving equipment
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 5 years of supervising concrete formwork crews in civil or commercial construction
- Hold a valid Journeyman ticket or equivalent certification
- Have a basic understanding of Microsoft office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Be in good health and physically fit
- Be a good communicator, mentor and leader
- Experience with PERI Skydeck, PERI Trio, EFCO Forms and Flyer Formwork is preferred
PCL Builders offers competitive wages, health benefits, retirement contributions, long term work and career growth opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpenter Forman: 1 year (Preferred)