Fundraising Assistant Internship
Heritage Skills Development Centre (HSDC)
HSDC is looking for a Fundraising Assistant to help our agency raise the necessary funds needed to enable us meet our program goals and objectives
- The individual will be responsible for designing, and implementing long-term fund raising plans and strategies.
- The person will also be responsible for our community fundraising campaigns, assist in developing fundraising letters; research potential donors; submit and prepare proposals.
- Also, he/she will participate in soliciting funds from individuals, corporations and foundations and identify other opportunities that will help to increase the organization’s revenue. In addition, the individual will be a fundraising resource person, write introductory donor letters and follow-up donor’s correspondence.
- The Fundraising Assistant will participate in developing the organization’s fundraising strategy including establishing major and planned donors, managing individuals and corporate donations, event sponsorship, major gifts, etc.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce and/or edit documents
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Detail oriented, analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work and deal with diverse population
- Superior telephone manner and strong interpersonal skills
- High level of sound and independent judgment, reasoning and discretion
- Great team work skills, to work collaboratively with volunteers and staff
- Strategic, analytical and evaluation skills and positive work attitude is essential
- Understanding of various methods of fundraising campaigns and strategies
- Ability to use basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision
- PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP THAT THE APPLICANT CAN USE FOR SCHOOL/COLLEGE CREDITS
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship, Volunteer