ROUTE SALES ASSISTANT
Are you a motivated closer with a strong commitment to customer service? Are you looking for a great place to work? A place where you can use your passion and professionalism in a new way? Do you want to join a growing and award winning team where your voice is heard? ……….then think about us for this outstanding opportunity!
A unique growth-oriented opportunity has arisen and we are seeking a Route Sales Assistant with experience and drive (and is motivated by money !)
If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining an organization – where you will have the ability to put your stamp on things …….. this may be the place for you!
Old Dutch first started in Winnipeg, Manitoba as a little chip company with a lot of heart. Soon, our tradition of making and delivering great-tasting snacks spread throughout all of Canada. Since 1954, our windmill has stood for quality and trust, old world charm, and a desire to create a long-lasting chip and snack tradition.
Old Dutch isn’t just about chips. All this, plus great service, has kept Old Dutch in stores, in homes, and in the snack bowl, despite competition over the years from other snack-makers. Our customers trust in the high quality, great taste, and long-lasting tradition of Old Dutch.
To learn more about us – go to http://www.olddutchfoods.ca/
We are looking for a career-orientated person who enjoys sales and customer service. You must be self-motivated and enjoy a challenge. This is a full time entry-level position, with long-term career opportunities. Position is available for Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Weekend work and out of town travel will be necessary from time to time. Weekends typically refer to Saturdays
You will be required to provide “Off Truck Sales” of our premium products to our large established customer base in the Saskatoon and surrounding rural area. You will receive sufficient training that will equip you with the knowledge and confidence to work on your own.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide Sales Coverage for Distributors and company Sales people
- Merchandise, sell and deliver Old Dutch products to base customers
- Manage/Rotate inventory levels to ensure product is fresh at all times
- Manage a database in accordance to scheduled route
- Follow the set delivery frequency for each account
- Treat vehicles and equipment with courtesy and care
- Operate a handheld invoicing computer system
- Serve the customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Minimum Grade 12 Education (Post-Secondary Education is an asset)
- Outstanding English communication skills- ability to speak clearly and powerfully.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Ability to drive a 3-5 ton truck, standard transmission, and truck and trailer preferable
- Some Sales Experience
- Must be able to understand and clearly discuss business measurements such as penny profit, profit margins, etc.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
Type of Person Who Will Succeed in this Role:
- A closer who meets/exceeds goals
- Directive personality – someone who can network (and connect quickly)
- Positive and Outgoing – interacts in a socially engaging manner
- Sense of urgency – with a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Detail oriented – but with creativity to get the job done
- Strong drive to help others
- Competitive nature
- Drive for bottom line results
What we offer:
- An amazing corporate culture - that rewards creativity
- A supportive team that is committed to personal and professional growth
- A growing company with the opportunity for advancement
- An extremely competitive (base plus commission) compensation plan
- Generous benefits program
If you think this position may have potential for you, then send us your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please (briefly) outline the following 3 items (in 3 separate numbered paragraphs please):
1) Relevant qualifications and work experience in Canada.
2) Why you are you a good match for this role
3) Your desired remuneration (ball park)
If you do not include a cover letter in the above mentioned format - your resume will likely not be read.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Saskatoon, SK (Required)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)