We are a premier North American bakery company and we’ve been in business for 135 years. Our team is passionate about baking the foods your family and friends love to eat, including breads and rolls, donuts, pies, cakes, cookies and more! Weston Foods proudly serves communities through our ~35 bakeries across North America, and every day, our team strives to elevate moments for our customers and your loved ones by producing high quality baked goods.
Our bakery team is the heart of our company and plays an important role in keeping North America’s food supply going. All our production workers are an integral part of the baking process, ensuring our delicious baked goods are packaged, and safely end up on grocery store shelves and at your favorite restaurants across North America.
We are not just a job, we are an extended family, committed to elevating everyday moments and feeding communities and families across the country. Join us, and find fulfillment and purpose in your work.
Our Brampton facility located at 379 Orenda Rd, Brampton ON L6T 1G6 is now hiring for production Machine Operators who are flexible to work in all shifts (mornings, afternoons, nights) including weekends as required.
$17.45 + shift premiums + great benefits.
Duties (including, but not limited to):
- Demonstrate understanding and application of Health & Safety policies, including recognition and reporting of potential hazards and/or violations.
- Ensure a food safe work environment, including recognition and reporting of non-conformities.
- Ensure proper supply levels of required resources for continuous production.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment.
- Operate equipment as required for continuous production.
- Complete assigned tasks during production and changeovers, including assisting in setup and teardown/sanitation of equipment.
- Initiates effective usage of idle time (If-Down-Do).
- Communicate effectively to maintain a productive and positive team environment.
- Demonstrate active involvement during investigations.
- Demonstrate active participation in required training, including the training of others.
- Any other duties as assigned by Lead Hand or Front Line Leadership Team.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Maintain sufficient supply levels of materials and resources for continuous production.
- Loading, unloading, and transportation of materials.
- Preparing required materials for continuous production.
- Operating and maintaining equipment.
- Ensure sufficient supply levels prior to departure from job/location.
- Assist in relieving other employees (including other classifications).
Experience in Machine Operation in a food manufacturing environment considered an asset but not required.
Position requires heavy lifting of up to 50 lbs and repetitive movements.
Quick learner and ability to adapt to new skills and methods quickly and easily.
Forward thinking and ability to problem solve.
Good communication skills, interpersonal skills and must be able to work in a team environment.
Ability to follow directions from Supervisory Staff.
Ideally 1 year or more of experience in a food manufacturing environment.
Ability to interpret concepts (and prevent deviations) and apply good manufacturing processes.
Effective and active problem solving through cooperative discussions of ideas and suggestions.
We offer a competitive benefits package for full-time employees, including strong benefit and pension plans, paid vacation and holidays, overtime opportunities, and a growth path to line leader and supervisory roles.
If you’re excited about this opportunity and love baked goods, we invite you to apply!