Reports to: Director of IT & Security
CanCap Management Inc. (CCMI) is a national financial services company, located in downtown Toronto. CCMI’s current core business is indirect and third-party originations and servicing of auto receivables, built on a foundation of best-in-class people and processes. CCMI originates and manages auto loans through the entire prime to non-prime credit spectrum. It manages the entire lifecycle of the receivable from credit adjudication through to contract administration, customer service, default management and post charge-off recoveries. CCMI is now expanding its operations into other consumer finance verticals i.e. unsecured consumer loans and retail private label credit card.
CCMI has made significant investments in its operations, IT infrastructure and processes to allow for robust, scalable and efficient on-going growth of origination and servicing activity across the consumer finance spectrum. CCMI’s excellence has also been recognized by Canada’s Schedule I banks whereby it is the primary partner for (a) an outsource of a full business line, (b) primary source of direct loan referrals, and (c) creating a unique, best of breed, consumer lending business platform.
ACC is looking for a highly skilled and energetic Senior Systems Administrator who thrive in a flexible and innovative environment. This is an exceptional career opportunity for a results-oriented team player with demonstrated achievements and desire to learn, build and contribute to a dynamic and growing company.
As a Senior Systems Administrator you will be reporting to the Director of IT & Security and are responsible for understanding ACC direction and priorities as they relate to implementation; maintenance and support of all servers (both physical and virtual) and appliances and data centre components. You will help manage and grow the end user support team, and play a crucial role in the enterprise architecture planning, design, and implementation. At CanCap Group you will find an entrepreneurial, exciting and professional environment.
- Enforce and help maintain/design corporate security policy and posture
- Manage the End User Support team
- Responsible for troubleshooting, configuration, administration and set up of Servers and Production infrastructure, including WAN and LAN components and software resources
- Develop and maintain business automation scripts in Windows Batch files, PowerShell and Linux shell scripting.
- Manage the Operations of our live production web platforms and infrastructure in a mixed OS environment.
- Create project plans, timelines and define deliverables for corporate initiatives.
- Interface with business units to determine technology needs.
- Innovate and bring technology solutions to the corporation.
- Oversees network security and remote access technologies including VPN, Active Sync and network firewalls/security appliances.
- Provide second level technical support of existing information systems locally and remotely
- Project work and other responsibilities, as assigned by the manager from time-to-time
- College diploma or University degree in Computer Science or relevant certification as it relates to this position.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience working in PC hardware, software & network administration.
- A minimum of seven (7) years’ experience working in a 24x7 production environment
- Strong work experience with: Network Security/Firewalls, Information Security, scripting and automation skills
- Displays good problem solving and verbal communication skills.
- Thrives under continually changing needs, manages challenging situations by exhibiting grace under pressure and a clear ability to focus on results
- Effective problem solving skills. May be faced with situations where the answers are not clear. Must be creative and flexible in thinking through alternatives and able to contribute to effective business decisions and strategy.
- Excellent organizational skills; can balance several projects concurrently; highly effective at time management and setting priorities
- A collaborator able to build and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- A passionate desire to lead, drive and effect change; proven ability to lead and develop high performing teams
- A proven record of innovation and enterprise technology support.
ACC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Systems Administrator: 3 years (Preferred)
- Corporate Windows Networked Environment: 1 year (Preferred)
- Information Security: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Automation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)