Who we are
Rotaflow design builds, retrofits, and maintains Industrial fire Protection systems & utilities across Western Canada. We are committed to achieving our audacious but rewarding mission of protecting lives and assets of our clients and of our own. Rotaflow prides itself in having a safe, innovative, cooperative, & dynamic work culture where teammates from diverse professional, and cultural backgrounds come together to create a unique organization. For over 26 years we have worked with some of the world’s leading energy companies, providing our expertise in fire protection.
- Performing groundwork, assisting with excavation and installation of shoring box, assisting in setting up HDPE fusing and bolt ups.
- Operate, read, and maintain air monitoring and other sampling devices when working in confined spaces and/or hazardous environment.
- Fire/Spark watch.
- Operating tools and equipment including shovel, rake, jack hammer, bush hammer, hand tools, and small compaction equipment, pumps, generators, compressors, light plant.
- Hooking-up and driving with small trailers, light plants.
- Signaling of equipment/vehicles such as: excavators, front end loaders, hydro vacs, light vehicles.
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by organizing material, managing and storing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site on a daily basis.
- Identify and Control possible hazards.
- Measure and mark materials, areas, openings and distances, assist in layout.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the lead hand or site supervision.
- 2-3 years general labour experience in a construction setting
- Oilsands or industrial experience an asset
- Previous Suncor experience (asset)
- Experience with civil, underground piping, shoring and working around heavy equipment
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License
- Mechanically inclined with strong organizational & problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Effective communication skills, written and verbal
- Commitment to safety and quality
- Knowledge and experience to determine the right tool required for the job
- Confident to work independently and complete daily tasks according to schedule
- Ability to properly lift objects, walk and stand for long periods of time, and work in adverse weather conditions
- Strong consideration given to Local Fort McMurray Residents
- This is a Safety Sensitive Position
- CSTS 09 + OSSA Regional or BSO or CSO
- H2S Alive or H2S Awareness
- Wildlife Awareness Level II (Advanced)
- First Aid/CPR (asset)
Core Values It is crucial for Rotaflow to ensure that all Employees not only have the training, experience, and skills to achieve their goals, but to ensure that they are aware and aligned with our core values. Rotaflow has five core values that are essential to every aspect of our business. They are: 1. SAFETY FIRST 2. ONE TEAM SPIRIT 3. CUSTOMER-CENTRIC 4. CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT 5. ACCOUNTABLE. Please visit our website to learn more about our company. Safety is a core value at Rotaflow and we are committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect the health and safety of our employees, clients, subcontractors, and communities. As such, all employees joining Rotaflow will be required to produce proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to their start date. Rotaflow will provide reasonable accommodation if you are the successful candidate and cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected ground under human rights legislation. Rotaflow embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe diversity drives innovation. Please visit our website to learn more about our company.