Are you passionate about patient safety? Does working in a small rural hospital and providing vital health care to the surrounding community appeal to you? West Haldimand General Hospital is located in the beautiful town of Hagersville, and is a scenic half hour drive to Simcoe, Brantford and Hamilton. If working to make a difference for patients’ appeals to you, then we would love to hear from you. We currently have a vacancy for an MDR technician in our MDR Unit.
1. The decontamination, inspection, cleaning, assembling and packaging of medical/surgical material to include instruments and equipment according to established standards and procedures to ensure a sterile and functioning supply of materials.
2. Operating and monitoring of sterilizing equipment as per Manufacturers Instruction for use.
3. Communication and collaboration with the Main Supply Chain Provider through weekly orders, put-away procedure, top-up supply carts, substitution alerts, Debit/Credit Transfer procedure, Inventory Error Procedures, Inventory Return
4. Maintain Quality Assurance records. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum Grade 12 education.
2. C.S.A.O. current certification and membership is required.
3. Hospital experience within the last two years required, performing duties related to decontamination, disinfection processing, sterilization, storage and distribution of clean and sterile supplies and equipment using the application of CSAO, CSA, PIDAC and Health Canada standards in all hospital areas.
4. Surgical Asepsis course would be an asset.
5. Understanding and adherence to CSA standards for health care facilities which provide a comprehensive set of requirements aimed at protecting the health of patients and staff.
6. Endoscopy reprocessing experience
7. Critical decision-making skills required when unusual incidents occur.
8. Ability and willingness to perform routine, repetitive tasks.
9. Demonstrates ability to interact with all members of the health care team.
10. Ability to function with minimal supervision.
11. Proficient in Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
12. Past performance and attendance record will be considered as part of the selection process.
13. Commitment to ongoing education in the fields of Infection Prevention and MDR standards.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $22.31 to $22.62 /hour