This position requires an individual who is highly motivated with outstanding organizational and customer service skills. Promote store merchandise through exceptional service to enhance customer satisfaction and promote repeat business. Encourage a winning attitude enabling the team to meet and exceed sales goals.
Best suited for a non-student
§ Build and maintain a loyal customer base by creating a welcoming store environment
- Encourage and maintain a clean and inviting retail experience for our valued customers
- Maintain open communication with Retail Sales Manager and Retail Sales Team
- Creatively address merchandising displays to attract attention and promote sales
- Be pro-active to develop new skills and to gain product knowledge regularly in all sales and product departments.
Sales and Customer Service
- Develop skills to perform all sales with respect to pool and spa accessories and equipment, pool and spa chemicals, swim aids, toys and games room accessories, and possess a thorough understanding of sales and POS procedures to properly complete paperwork
- Complete all daily to-do lists as assigned by Retail Store Manager for open/close procedures, store maintenance and re-stocking of product
- Walk through and ensure that the store is vacuumed and that shelving and product are dusted on a daily basis
- Properly direct all pool, liner, billiard table, and spa customers to the appropriate sales specialist
- Become familiar with the Parts Department and support Parts Supervisor and staff as needed
- Assist with all aspects of in-store merchandising and pool court displays
- Ensure all products have the proper code, price and UPC before arriving to the sales floor
- Ensure adequate coverage of cash desks, customer service and water testing at all times during busy season
- Check messages constantly throughout the day, at Cash and Customer Service; that all messages are forwarded to the appropriate sales representative or handled immediately
- Confirm that cash desks and customer service are stocked with small change, bags, receipt rolls, calculators and pens every day
- Follow daily lunch schedule to ensure that the sales floor is adequately covered at all times
- Perform a complete water analysis, diagnose and prescribe solutions for customers
- Assist Retail Sales Manager and General Manager of Retail Sales by being pro-active and aware of fast-moving product to avoid running low on merchandise
- Check messages constantly throughout the day at Water testing; that all messages are forwarded to the appropriate sales representative or handled immediately
- Complete all daily to-do lists as assigned by Retail Sales Manager to keep water lab reagents, supplies, sales aids, hand-outs and chemical room stock replenished at all times
- Maintain water lab equipment; counters, power supplies and cleaning of apparatus.
- Assist Retail Sales Manager and General Managers by being a problem solver; Provide solutions!
- Lead by example in all aspects of store conduct to uphold a professional and inviting retail experience.
- Increase productivity; be aware of weekly to do lists.
- Keep fellow store staff motivated, ensure store coverage and minimize socializing
- Communicate clearly with all sales and service staff
- Assist with store inventory counts
- Assist with store maintenance as required
- All other duties assigned by Management
- 1 year retail experience
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office
- Excellent written as well as verbal communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills for interacting with customers and understanding their requirements
Able to lift up to 50 lbs
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 28-40 per week
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- sales: 1 year (required)
- Customer service: 1 year (required)
Application deadline: 2022-07-22
Expected start date: 2022-08-01