Nixon Wenger LLP is seeking a Paralegal or Legal Assistant to join our solicitors practice group.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- assist in preparation of agreements, supporting documents and correspondence based on written or verbal instruction;
- maintaining efficient file management and bring forward system;
- conduct, review and organize due diligence searches;
- organize and maintain precedents;
- assist with cold calls, day to day inquiries and requests
Qualifications and Skills:
- graduate of an accredited legal assistant or paralegal program or equivalent working experience;
- strong technical skills, including proficiency with Outlook, Word, Adobe, and document management systems;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- the ability to work both independently, and as part of a team;
- excellent organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail;
- the ability to manage a variety of incoming requests and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
Nixon Wenger is committed to providing legal services within a workplace environment that values and promotes the sharing of knowledge and perspectives among our employees, and we encourage a balanced lifestyle.
In addition to a competitive salary and vacation entitlement, we have a benefits program that includes paid personal days, wellness initiatives, health & dental benefits, group RRSP and TFSA plan with matching contribution, a social committee with firm-sponsored social events, and professional development assistance.
Join our team!
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- British Columbia: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Legal Assistant: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person