Job title :
ENVIRONMENTAL PUBLIC HEALTH SCREENER
Kelowna Community & Health Services Centre is seeking a Casual Environmental Public Health Screener to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12, plus one year's recent experience....Apply today!
This position performs a variety of clerical duties such as:
Hours of work:
- Responds to client inquiries regarding such topics as: animal contacts exposure, complaints, data gathering by telephone or email following established scripts. Refers more complex issues; including situations where clients may be confused, anxious or difficult; to the assigned program staff for follow up, as required.
- Contacts clients by telephone/email to collect all available information regarding animal contact exposure in accordance with established procedures for appropriate client populations. Reports concerns to assigned program staff.
- Performs data entry functions for a variety of databases by entering information into software programs in accordance with established guidelines/procedures.
- Provides routine information regarding resources available in the community, using approved script or resource list, as required.
- Performs general word-processing and data entry functions such as inputting client information.
- Maintains individual records and necessary documentation according to the policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work effectively with others.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Along with your CV (resume), Please upload All Certificates/Diplomas &/or Transcripts that prove you can meet our Education and Skills & Abilities REQUIREMENT. Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from an accredited College/University.*
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.