From everyday staples to gourmet specialties, Yummy Market is a European retail grocer located in the GTA that offers a unique shopping experience. In a true European tradition, our passion for wholesome, made from scratch foods combined with our commitment to offer great value is the driving force behind everything we do.
We are currently looking for a full time Food Retail Buyers at our Vaughan/Maple Yummy Market location (1390 Major Mackenzie Drive, Maple, ON). The seasoned food retail buyer will be a will be familiar with importing and exporting materials into Canada. Buyers will develop and maintain product category and manage inventory by gathering and analyzing information for merchandising plans; entering and tracking current information; improving product offerings; maintaining relations with vendors; and preparing reports. They will also work with suppliers on non-compliance and quality issues.
CATEGORY: Grocery Retail
- 3+ years of food retail grocery buying experience is required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including MS Excel, Word and Outlook; competency to learn other technology as necessary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, we will train on our inventory system
- Strong attention to detail.
Thank you for your interest in joining Yummy Market. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Yummy Market is committed to providing accessible employment practices that comply with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources.
- Extended health care
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted/free food
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- food retail buying: 3 years (Preferred)
- grocery retail: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)