To meet the demands of this unprecedented time, we are offering employment opportunities to those who may now be out of work.
Our current production line employees are meeting the challenge to produce quality bottles for the increased demand for soaps and sanitizers.
We welcome you to join our afternoon team.
This job requires an eye for quality and a personal desire to arrange objects precisely.
As a Production Line Worker you are responsible for placing finished product (plastic bottles) into boxes, bags or onto trays.
It is essential that you watch carefully for poor quality products (bad colour, holes, dirt lines, etc).
Note: During a run of certain products, it may be required that you also assist other lines. (remove flashing, move trays, etc)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Remove flashing, inspect bottles.
- Pack finished product onto manually folded trays or into boxes/bags.
- Ensure that the product is of the highest quality
- Help other lines as required or requested.
- Bring up any quality concerns that you see to Quality Control.
- Regrind rejected bottles regularly and in timely fashion
- Maintain clean and safe workstation
- Take out garbage and cardboard at end of shift
Job Type / Category
We are currently looking for Seasonal Workers who may be interested in long term employment.
Century offers flexible work schedules, line rotations, lunches, breaks and comfortable work-spaces; as well as, we provide a progressive benefits package. Coverage includes: dental, extended health, vision, and long-term disability.
Monday to Thursday
10h per day, 4 days per week.
Overtime may be available
Afternoon Shift 4 pm - 2 am (1 positions Available)
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to operate safely in a production environment
- Bottle recognition
- Tray/Bag/Box assembly and positioning
- Stacking pattern recognition
- Quality recognition. ie. What constitutes poor quality and how to watch for it
- Basic counting skills
- Speed and efficiency
- Team Work
You are expected to pack light-weight bottles into various trays/boxes.
You are required to lift trays and boxes of up to 25 kg onto pallets.
You will be on their feet for most of their shift, and will require comfortable steel-toed footwear.
Century Packaging is a Christian family-owned and operated eco-friendly plastic bottling plant, located in West Kelowna, British Columbia.
Feel free to contact us for additional information about our company, products or services.
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Vacation & paid time off
- Profit sharing/share options
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.50 per hour
- manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)