Annis, O’Sullivan, Vollebekk Ltd. (AOV) is a privately-owned, independent, multi-disciplined Professional Land Surveying firm based in the Ottawa area. We offer our clients a wide range of services in topographic, hydrographic, cadastral, geodetic and engineering surveys. AOV also provides a full range of land development consulting services including severances, subdivision design and layouts, and condominium projects. AOV plays a key role in creating strata-ownership and easement limits for multi-use developments, and the local LRT initiative.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Senior Accountant to join the AOV team. This is a truly hands-on accounting role where you will be responsible for the general accounting and budgetary controls for AOV Ltd. and AOV Kemptville Ltd. In collaboration with the AOV Partners you will develop AOV’s financial plans, policies, and accounting practices. You will also be responsible for maintaining AOV relationships with lending institutions and the financial community.
- Manage the accounting operations including but not limited to accounts payable (preparing checks, coding and posting invoices), preparing deposits, journal entries, reconciliations, petty cash).
- Oversee issuing of checks / payment of invoices.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly financial statements for Owners (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Trial Balance).
- Liaise with project managers and support them in bookkeeping needs related to their projects.
- Oversee and support accounts receivable.
- Oversee cash flow requirements, budgeting and forecasting.
- Arrange financing loans with bank, as required.
- Prepare year-end working papers and spreadsheets, and assist with audits or independent reviews.
- Complete monthly reconciliations for all bank accounts.
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and the impacts on the organization's books of account.
- Maintain an accurate and complete trail of supporting documentation for all financial and bookkeeping activities, on a timely basis.
- Maintain up-to-date, complete and systematic filing system to support bookkeeping and financial records.
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Prepare reports that outline the company's financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and future operations.
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institute and maintain other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyze and reports variances.
- Responsible for compliance with Federal, Provincial and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Furnish internal reports, revise and update reports to be more useful and efficient as required.
- Maintain Capitalized Asset list and apply depreciation rates to these capitalized items as required.
- Responsible for providing and establishing effective financial controls for the organization.
- Liaise with Human Resources on payroll and benefits related items.
- Act a backup for biweekly payroll.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field required.
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on accounting role
- 3+ years in a Senior Accounting/Controller type role
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong understanding of computerized accounting systems/ERP systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments and key business partners.
- Ability to follow through and complete overlapping projects.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong problem identification and problem resolution skills.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Subsidised gym membership
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent