Not just a job opportunity; A career with purpose
Competition #: AL-2019-074*
Acden Lemax Machining and Welding Incorporated is currently accepting applications for
Journeyperson Welders. These positions are primarily located at the Acden Lemax shop and will support the client sites within the oil sands in Fort McMurray. The shift rotation is seven (7) on, seven (7) off (rotating days and nights); 12 hour shifts. However, hours, schedules and locations may change from time to time due to operational and training requirements.
*These are local positions to the Fort McMurray, Alberta region.
No accommodations or flights will be provided.*
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use manual or semi-automatic welding equipment to fuse metal pieces using processes such as gas tungsten arc (TIG or GTAW), gas metal arc (MIG or GMAW), flux-cored arc (FAW), plasma arc (PAW), shielded metal arc (SMAW), oxy-acetylene (OAW), resistance welding and submerged arc welding (SAW).
- Must be able to apply knowledge of metallurgy, geometry and welding techniques.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, overhead and any "out-of-position" angle.
- Welders may specialize in certain types of welding, such as custom fabrication, structural construction welding or machinery, and equipment repair welding.
- Work in a safe and effective manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Alberta Certified Journeyman Welder (Red Seal Certification with CWB is an asset).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of welding experience.
- Ability to read and interpret basic blue prints.
- Experience with Heavy Equipment repairs is required; including dozers, dippers, heavy haulers and buckets.
- Must be physically fit, position involves extensive walking, climbing and awkward positions as well as carrying of materials.
- Comprehensive Drug, Alcohol and Audiometric pre-employment testing.
- CSTS and OSSA certificates or OSSA BSO certificate or CSO certificate
- Class 5 Driver’s License with clean 5-year history driver’s abstract obtained within 30 days is an asset.
- Must be able to provide credentials of trade prior to or at the interview stage.
- Must be eligible to work on all Oil Sands sites within the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
- Competitive Industry Wage.
- Competitive Benefits, including medical, dental, extended health, short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance.
Interested candidates are invited to complete our online application through our careers centre at www.acden.com/careers
This competition will close once a suitable candidate has been found.
We would like to thank all who apply; however, only candidates that are being considered will be contacted.
Employment Equity is a factor in selection. Applicants are requested to indicate in their covering letter or resume if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people (including: ACFN, MCFN, FMFN, and Metis), women, visible minorities, and persons with a disability.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51.00 /hour
- Welding: 3 years (Preferred)
- Heavy Equipment Repairs: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fabrication: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fort McMurray, AB (Preferred)
- Journeyman Welder (Preferred)
- CSTS-09 and OSSA Regional or OSSA BSO or CSO (Preferred)
- Red Seal Welder (Preferred)
- CWB Welder Qualification (Preferred)
- Willing to relocate to Fort McMurray (Preferred)