Pacific Coast Community Resources is offering the opportunity for a family or individual to share their home and life in the Lower Mainland.
Shared living offers an opportunity for a person with diverse challenges to become a member of your household and share their unique abilities with you and your family while becoming more independent and inclusive in the larger community.
Living arrangements can be unique and varied, such as sharing a house, an apartment or living in a suite within the house.
We are currently looking for shared living providers to support an adult male with a developmental disability, who requires full support. Wheelchair accessibility is not mandatory however fewer steps are better. A pre-arranged community inclusion program from Monday-Friday is in place as well as one weekend a month of respite is provided.
Shared Living entails:
- A supportive and safe environment
- Life-skills training
- Meal preparation
- Relationship building
- Access to the community and other services
- Medical support and other health care needs if necessary
- Committed to the values and principles of inclusive community living
- Sincere desire to provide a stable, safe, comfortable and inclusive home environment
- Good communication and problem-solving skills
- Flexible, adaptable, organized and accepting
- Committed to support individuals with diverse needs
- Clear Criminal Record Check for Children and Vulnerable Adults
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification
- Driver's Licence
Shared living arrangements are monitored regularly and ongoing training and support is provided.
Remuneration is based on guidelines set by Community Living BC.
Job Type: Contract
- Class 5 Drivers License (Preferred)