Bilingual Technical Inside Sales Engineer (Filtration Specialist)
Please note that we are accepting applications for new and recent STEM grads as well as experienced professionals in the liquid filtration and/or related industries for this position.
General Filtration is a well-respected company, established in 1955, based in Concord, Ontario specializing in marketing, sales, and distribution of filtration products across Canada with a focus on industrial liquid filtration. We are recognized by our customers as technically knowledgeable, with the ability to offer a broad range of solutions to address their unique filtration challenges. We stock what we sell and pride ourselves on a high level of customer service. We invite you to explore our website www.generalfiltration.com to better appreciate our company history and the product lines that we carry.
With 18 full-time employees, the work culture at General Filtration emphasizes collaboration, open communication, and the self-motivation to go the extra mile for our customers and ensure reliable supply and innovative solutions. You will become part of tight knit community that is highly motivated to address the challenges of the filtration industry and is well positioned for expansion in the North American market.
Concord, ON – This role requires the candidate to work out of our office and warehouse at 441 Applewood Crescent.
English & French – A significant portion of our customer base is in Quebec and the ideal candidate must be fluent in both languages.
The Inside Technical Sales Engineer is typically the first point of contact new customers have with General Filtration. It is therefore crucial that the ideal candidate possesses a deep technical understanding of liquid/solid separation and filtration processes in addition to taking the time to understand the customer’s process. In addition to being a technical resource for our customer base, the Inside Technical Sales Engineer must also be able to communicate effectively with the customer to deliver sustainable solutions while also managing their expectations. The Inside Technical Sales Engineer will be required to complete quotations and proposals for customers that will be based on multiple variable cost factors.
Our customers frequently depend on us for technical guidance and solutions, and we typically receive a high volume of inquiries, some of which may be complex or time consuming. The ability to manage one’s time efficiently and knowing when to prioritize or delegate inquiries will be critical for success in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide timely responses to customer inquiries.
- Prioritize inquiries and requests based on customer requirements and existing workload. Time management is key.
- Communicate with our purchasing and logistics team to provide accurate lead times and manage customer expectations.
- Listen and identify customers’ needs via phone or email and determine the urgency of their demand.
Sales Team Coordination:
- Demonstrate awareness of current strategies and targets discussed during monthly sales meetings.
- Develop long-term relationships with new and existing customers. Our customers trust us to offer solutions in the face of supply shortages or process challenges.
- Identify new opportunities or issues and concerns and direct them to the appropriate salesperson.
- Track quotations and proposals and provide feedback in the case of successful or unsuccessful sales.
Quote and Proposal Preparation:
- Identify what the customer needs in terms of product, pricing, and lead times.
- Show attention to detail in preparing quotations so that the information is accurate and valid and can be easily processed once the purchase order is received.
- Contact suppliers as needed for clarification on product descriptions or modifications, pricing, and lead times.
- Provide the customer with the necessary and appropriate technical information to expedite their decision-making process.
- Degree in a STEM Discipline (Mechanical or Chemical Engineering preferred)
- Fluent in English and French (spoken and written)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Self-motivated and takes pride in the quality of work produced
- Technical approach to problem solving with a focus on developing a deeper understanding of the customer’s application and process.
- Driven to make sustainable long-term sales and developing a trusting relationship with customers.
- Meticulous and detail-oriented, especially with orders, quotations, and proposals.
- Creativity and resourcefulness in the face of internal and external constraints.
- Ability to manage time and customers. Knowing when to prioritize or delegate certain tasks.
- Experience in client-facing customer service roles, especially in a fast-paced environment where time management is crucial.
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple deadlines while managing customer expectations.
- Working knowledge and/or interest in filtration and separation processes.
Those interested in applying for this position should submit a cover letter and resume addressed to Serge Mardini.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care