Location: Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Brooks (ALBERTA)
The Borea team will define a path in the Canadian renewable market that has never been seen before. We are fully engaged in a proactive approach to safety, we have well-established processes and procedures, and we undertake development activities for the betterment of our team. We foster real value creation for our clients. Committed to detail, excellence and delivering results, Borea builds on the most solid ground of all: the firm’s values. Rooted in these values, its team gives the best of its talent and expertise and produces the expected results.
WHAT WILL YOU DO IN A WEEK? :
The Construction Worker is a safety-minded worker that should have construction industry experience and access to reliable transportation. The schedules are subject to variations depending on the project needs and delays. The ideal candidates are self starters willing to follow directions closely. Additionally, the laborer should be familiar with construction industry safety standards and procedures to ensure project security.
Responsibilities and duties
- Load and unload materials and place them in work areas;
- Spotting trucks and equipment while backing up;
- Capable of using equipment such as mixers, compressors and pumps, or monitoring their operation;
- Lift heavy loads up to 70 lbs and navigate construction job site terrain;
- Dig pits, trenches in preparation for job site construction;
- Perform setup and cleanup tasks at job site;
- Provide labor support as needed for specialty crew;
- Direct traffic to or near the construction site.
DO YOU HAVE THESE QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS? :
- High school diploma/GED preferred
- Previous construction industry experience preferred
- Valid driver license
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures
- Good physical condition
- Ability to operate a manual transmission vehicle
- Comfort working in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
Thank you for your interest in a career at Borea.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, not all applicants will be contacted. Please note that we may consider your CV for other positions as they become available.
Borea is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive working environment where all employees are treated fairly.
Job Type: Full-time