Create value at TC Transcontinental
At TC Transcontinental, we’ve got it made, and that's because of the expertise of our team. We are currently looking for a full-time INCA Press Operator to support production at our Aurora plant. Essential to TC Transcontinental Printing operations, the INCA Press Operator will fulfill requirements associated with preparing, operating and maintaining Large Format Digital (LFD) print equipment responsible for all elements of the print process from the ripping of the files, management of the physical printing process to achieve colour, daily and weekly maintenance routines and managing stock and equipment consumables.
We have been driving innovation since 1976. With over 8,000 employees and 41 production sites, TC Transcontinental is a leader in the packaging and printing industry, as well as the top French-language educational publishing group in North America. It is a company that takes care of its teams and where employees support each other. At TC Transcontinental, we lead the industry by cultivating a sense of belonging for all.
When benefits really help you live better.
- Group insurance (including health, life, disability, dental and travel insurance)
- Pension plan with company match
- Paid time off
- Supplier discounts on various products
- Regular full-time position
- Employee-involved decision making
When your actions lead to success
· This position is responsible for: feeder operations; registration control: ripping of files; maintaining adequate equipment supplies; housekeeping of equipment area; inspection of printed product for imperfections and defects; doing the First Piece Inspection; preventive maintenance; maintaining quality and safety at the equipment and around the operating area;
· During the printing process the Press Operator is responsible for running the equipment, adjusting the equipment to the proper dimensions of the substrate and verifies they are running according the required specs as outlined in the job ticket;
· Interact with equipment service personnel and be able to clearly identify equipment problems;
· Responsible for loading, unloading, cleaning and maintaining the equipment;
· Maintain daily time, production, and material usage reports;
· Follow job instructions listed on production matrixes;
· Maintain SOP’s as per written or verbal instructions and follow all SOP’s applicable to the work assigned;
· Perform all other duties as requested by Management in order to help the team effort.
· Work as part of a team, follow and adhere to Transcontinental’s code of ethics and participate in the Continuous Improvements efforts;
· Fully understand and adhere to all relevant Environmental, Health and Safety, Human Resources, Quality, Security and Company policies and procedures;
· Work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act of Ontario, the Workplace Safety Insurance Act, Quality Management System and all other applicable legislated regulations.
When your expertise drives us.
· Grade 12 education along with a minimum two (2) years Digital printing experience and familiar with all related print equipment;
· Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals;
· Ability to write routine forms such as time sheets, summarize run data etc.;
· Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively verbally and should be familiar with the use and completion of production paperwork, production logs and other written communication devices;
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, verbal, or diagram form, to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations and to use abstract reasoning subject to managerial approval in situations departing from accepted procedures and practices;
· Must be able to work a Continental Shift that may include rotating shifts, days, afternoons and midnights.
When our contribution invents the future.
A pillar in its various sectors of activity, TC Transcontinental inspires by its desire to create a responsible and united world. Its actions, particularly its commitment to the use of plastic, contribute to the protection of resources and the design of innovative products.
Send us your application. Create something with TC Transcontinental.
TC Transcontinental is committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates and to meeting the needs of people with disabilities. Should you be contacted regarding an employment opportunity and require an accommodation for a disability, we will be pleased to work with you to identify how we can best support you through this process.
Learn more about us
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee assistance program
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- prepress: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person