Summit School is a private school recognized and subsidized in the public interest by the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement Supérieur. Founded in 1963, the school services over 650 special needs students by creating an individualized and enriching environment. The students range in age from 5 to 21 who are supported by a dedicated and collaborative multidisciplinary team..
Visit our website for more information: https://www.summit-school.com/
We are actively recruiting for several teaching assistants for the 2023-2024 school year. We are looking for a patient, attentive person to care for our students. Someone who is thorough and caring with an eye for detail and not scared to take initiative.
Applicants with preschool experience will be given priority.
Candidates must be available from Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 3:15 pm
Starting salary $15.65/hr. No experience or academics are required for the position.
Location: Ville Saint-Laurent (Metro Cote-Vertu)
- Assisting Teachers within the classroom in various programs in a special education environment (12-15 students per class) for students between 8-14 years old.
- Working with children individually or in small groups
- Oversee lunch and recess program
- Planning and Implementing curriculum with the classroom Teachers guidance
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Teacher
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
Ability to Monitor
Skills & Qualifications
- Experience with child and youth care
- Exceptional English Communication Skills
- Strong understanding of stages of childhood development
- Attentiveness to the needs and safety of children
- Knowledgeable of the developmental issues of children and youth and demonstrated ability to effectively manage a broad spectrum of child/youth behaviors resulting from psychological / social / neurological impacts
- Applicants are required to have a clear criminal record check
- Experience with special needs children (an asset)
- Child and Youth Care Worker or an Early Childhood Educator program from a community college and/or successful completion of a Bachelor’s degree with major course work in the social sciences (an asset)
- Additional relevant education and experience will be considered an asset.
Note: Please ensure the application clearly demonstrates how you meet the noted qualifications as applicants will be screened based on the information provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $15.65 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- supervising youth/students: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person