3189 Grandview Hwy, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5M 2E9
The decision to join a company is a big one. We have opportunities for hard working, energetic and reliable people just like you.
Why is this role important?
Vancouver, Kelowna, Richmond BC, Calgary AB
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
Be part of a team that will establish best in class capabilities. You will work with executives and directors from across the Loblaw family of companies and key suppliers, partners, vendors, and managed service providers. As part of the west coast cyber security team you will ensure we can react swiftly and contain cyber threats effectively.
Priority will be to work with QHR Technologies Inc. and T&T, to align and mature security programs and frameworks, transitioning to assessments of new initiatives to catch issues earlier and remediate gaps quicker.
Your knowledge of security technologies, security frameworks, privacy, security threats, IT and security operations processes, incident management, vendor assurance, project assurance, PHI, PI, PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) compliance, will help you build a team to support this mandate.
The team you join will support colleague and vendor teams that operate across Canada, and work closely with other company stakeholders including privacy, legal, risk management, information technology, and loss prevention.
To support this mandate, you will:
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Develop security solutions, designs and architecture
- Conduct security assessments reviews and testing
- Implement security automation
- Apply knowledge of network, infrastructure, cloud and application security testing tools, methods, and technologies
- Develop approaches for identity and access management, entitlements and privileged access management
- Contribute to security operation excellence and efficiency
WHO YOU ARE:
- A Bachelor's Degree or Diploma in a relevant area of study with a preference for Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Professional Security Certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM)
- Minimum of 5 years in Cyber or Information Security
- Technical knowledge on IT technology, security technology, security threats and trends
- Skills in Cloud infrastructure, Network, Operating systems, and software development
- Knowledge around identity management, authentication, and encryption
- Knowledge around data analytic platforms, specifically for security use cases
- Skills in influencing without authority, collaboration, business relationship management and communication
- Curious and passionate for continuous learning
- Critical thinking ability, analytical mindset and professional judgement
- Communication skills – presentation, presence, impact
- Team player – humble, collaborative, adaptive
- Ability to work in a fast paced agile work environment
- Professionalism, integrity, and respect for confidentiality
Loblaw Companies Limited is Canada's food and pharmacy leader, the nation's largest retailer, and the majority unit holder of Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust. Loblaw provides Canadians with grocery, pharmacy, health and beauty, apparel, general merchandise, financial services, and wireless mobile products and services. With nearly 2,500 corporate, franchised and Associate-owned locations, Loblaw, its franchisees, and Associate-owners employ approximately 200,000 full- and part-time employees, making it one of Canada's largest private sector employers.
Loblaw's purpose – Live Life Well® – puts first the needs and well-being of Canadians who make one billion transactions annually in the companies' stores. Loblaw is positioned to meet and exceed those needs in many ways: convenient locations; more than 1,050 grocery stores that span the value spectrum from discount to specialty; full-service pharmacies at more than 1,300 Shoppers Drug Mart® and Pharmaprix® locations and more than 500 Loblaw locations; PC Financial® financial services; affordable Joe Fresh® fashion and family apparel; and three of Canada's top consumer brands in Life Brand®, no name® and President's Choice®.
QHR Technologies Inc. is leading the way in Canadian healthcare technology, by providing solutions to assist healthcare professionals enrich their practices and improve the quality of care delivered to all Canadians across the country. We are looking for talented, inspired, and motivated people to join our incredible team and experience a workplace culture that stands above the rest.
T&T Supermarket is Canada’s largest Asian supermarket chain. We offer a supportive and collaborative team that can help you build your skills and knowledge, while you work on exciting projects in our ever-changing business.
We offer an experience like no other, doing work that benefits our valued customers. We are proud to provide exceptional opportunities for new Canadians, in our inclusive and people-orientated culture.
We are always looking for talented people to join our team. Your fresh future starts here. Apply today!
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.