IMAGINE a hospital where everyone is committed to excellence. We did. We are. From boardroom to bedside, we go above and beyond to offer the best and safest patient care. At North York General Hospital (NYGH), we put our patients first in everything we do. We are achieving a new standard of excellence in integrated patient-centered care and as one of Canada's leading community academic hospitals, we are building on our academic foundation through enhanced education, research and innovation. North York General Hospital is part of North York Toronto Health Partners, a collaborative partnership with patients, primary care, and community partners, a first- generation Ontario Health Team, driving the development of a locally integrated health system to serve the community. As part of our dynamic team, you too can stand out and be amazing! At North York General, our team is making a world of difference.
Billing Clerk, Patient Accounts:
Your goal in this position is to maintain Genetics patient billing records and process invoices to patients, other organizations, or third party insurance carriers. You will receive payments for outstanding accounts, follow up on outstanding accounts and produce accounting data as requested. You have excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills. You are an excellent team player and have the ability to maintain effective working relationships with others. You have good organizational skills, you will organize your own work and keeping of records and periodically updates the manager on the status of any outstanding accounts. You have strong problem solving skills and is detail-oriented. This position supports the Hospital’s academic mandate by advancing care through teaching and learning and/or transforming care through research and innovation. This position contributes to the shared responsibility of ensuring health and safety policies are followed to provide for a healthy environment for staff, physicians, volunteers , learners, patients and families.
On a practical level, you will
- Maintain and process patient billing records and invoices to patients, other organizations or third party insurance carriers
- Monitor outstanding accounts and produce reports for Managers and Finance as requested
- Follow up on outstanding payments through phone calls, email, or fax with patients and client groups
- Work with the Genetics Laboratory and Clinical Genetics in the Laboratory setting
- Three years Accounts Receivable experience, preferably in a hospital environment
- Minimum High School education
- College level accounting course/certificate is an asset
- QuickBooks experience required
- Detail oriented
- Ability to organize and multitask
- Excellent communication skills
- Works safely in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act
- Good mathematical aptitude, proficient in excel
- Other duties as assigned
- Bilingualism in French/ English and asset
What We Offer
Working at NYGH means working with a dynamic team of fellow healthcare providers in one of Canada’s leading hospitals. This is a part time regular position with 37.5 hours bi-weekly, with 4 hour shifts, day shifts in Genetics. We offer a highly competitive total compensation package which includes pay in lieu of benefits, vacation pay and the opportunity to join the Hospital Pension Plan.
How to Apply
Think you're the right person for the job? Here's your first chance to show us why:
Ensure to meet the deadline - only applications received by the closing date will be considered.
We will review all applications and will contact those selected for an interview.
At North York General, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live, including those with disabilities. North York General is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.