Join our growing team. Work in a team. Service a variety of equipment. Learn lots.
Hoskin Scientific Limited has been a trusted supplier of testing and monitoring instrumentation to the Canadian market for over 70 years. With offices in Vancouver, Edmonton, Oakville and Montreal we provide technical sales, service and rentals of world class products in 3 major markets: Environmental Monitoring, Geotechnical & Materials Testing, and Test & Measurement Instrumentation.
Everything we do is guided by our values.
- Do the right thing.
- Keep your word.
- Take pride in your work.
- Support each other.
What you will do.
Troubleshoot and repair a variety of instrumentation, sensors, meters and equipment. Interact with customers mostly over the phone but occasionally in person to provide estimates on work, update customers on progress of their repair or service. Interact with vendors to solve technical problems or identify unique issues. Be a good representative of the company.
- Technical. Be great at calibrating, troubleshooting and repairing items brought in for service. Be knowledgeable of the equipment and products we sell and support (ongoing training provided) and grow your ability to service and repair a variety of equipment and products. Interact with manufacturers to troubleshoot equipment and understand how to correctly apply product specifications and standards.
- Customer. Work with customers, communicating effectively and building positive relationships. Quote repairs, lead times and terms to all customers and schedule follow ups as required. Develop a reputation as an accountable and reliable service resource for both internal and external customers.
- Other. Occasional travel to customer sites or for training. Uphold and promote health and safety, company policies and procedures. Support your teammates.
What we are looking for:
- Strong troubleshooting skills with an ability to work through service manuals and schematics.
- Knowledge of component level repairs and soldering skills is an asset.
- Desire to do a job well and take pride in knowing it is done well.
- Ability to manage and prioritize tasks.
- Must be organized! Keeping track of tiny bits and pieces is essential as it keeping a tidy work station.
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Positive attitude is essential.
- Comfortable with technology – able to capture and update customer information and service activity in our CRM/ERP.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Post-secondary education in Electronics or related disciplines would be a definite advantage.
You will be exposed to a variety of instrumentation and equipment - supported by technical training from our global product suppliers and surrounded by a technically competent team of service technicians. Our environment and culture support work life balance – 7.5 hour days Monday to Friday plus a great team, excellent benefits and RRSP matching.
Sound great? Don’t hesitate to apply! Submit your resume and let us know why you would be a great fit.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We have a COVID-19 safety plan in place.
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place