Our client, a well-established charitable organization located in the Westboro area, is currently looking for a highly organized and detail oriented Financial Controller to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity to further your industry experience while working for a caring and reputable organization.
Why work for this organization:
- 3 weeks' vacation – 4 weeks’ after 2 years
- Medical and dental benefits after probation
- RSP match after 1 year of service – 4%
- LTD and Life Insurance
- 1 week of management leave
- 10 paid sick days
- Kind hearted and warm staff
- Room for growth
- Flexible workplace
- Direct Placement
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinates and directs the financial planning, budgeting, etc.
- Manages cash flow and forecasting
- Liaises with external auditors and the finance committee on the annual audit process
- Oversees and manages the creation and submission of financial reports – financial statements, business activity reports, quarterly and annual budgets, etc.
- Responsible for producing monthly financial reports
- Develops internal policies
- Develops risk managements tools, practices and policies
- Works closely with HR to ensure accuracy of biweekly payroll
- Supervises 1 employee – Finance Clerk
- Other miscellaneous duties as required
Required skills and qualifications:
- 5 years of proven experience in accounting – 2 of which must be as a Controller
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field is required
- CPA or equivalent designation
- Must have NFP or health sector related experience
- Supervision experience is considered an asset
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent time management skills
- Autonomous, self-motivated as well as a team player
- Ability to learn quickly
Monday to Friday – Hours are 8:00am / 9:00am – 4:00pm / 5:00pm
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 per year
If you are interested and believe you meet the specified qualifications, please reply to this ad with your Resume.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Express Employment Professionals; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
- NFP: 1 year (Required)
- Accounting: 5 years (Required)
- Controller: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)