TORONTO GRACE HEALTH CENTRE - SPECIALIZED CARE CENTRE, ETOBICOKE
IT IS AN EXCITING TIME TO JOIN OUR SATELLITE SITE!
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has immediate openings for Registered Nurse in our Specialized Care Centre, North Etobicoke. Come and join our interdisciplinary teams and make a difference. This is a unique health care facility and the only one of its kind in Canada. We offer a fantastic working experience and competitive compensation with pension and benefit options.
Are you a recent graduate looking for excellent clinical experience? OR a seasoned nurse looking for a change to enhance your skill set and grow your career?
ONA – (Days/Evenings/Nights/Weekends)
Position Summary and Responsibility:
The Registered Nurse provides excellent patient and family centered nursing care in complex patient environment in a culturally sensitive manner. Establishes caring, therapeutic relationships with patients and their families to attain or maintain optimal functioning by promoting health and/or treating health conditions through supportive, preventative, therapeutic, palliative and rehabilitative means.
- Bachelor in Nursing Degree
- Current Certificate of Competence issued by the College of Nurses’ of Ontario in good standing
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience, experience in continuing complex care an asset
- Experience working with medically complex patients in acute care hospital an asset
- Ability to work as a member of the chronic care team within the unit’s mission statement
- Able to establish therapeutic relationships with patients and families
- Commitment to continuous improvement, learning and evidence-based practice
- Demonstrated resilience to adapt in an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Highly motivated, compassionate individual with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills in English
- Strong time management skills, excellent attendance record
- Demonstrated skills in applicable computer software applications
- Ability to meet bone fide occupational requirements as outlined in the Job Demands Analysis
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU!
To apply for this exciting career opportunity, send your resume and desired shifts, (days, evenings, nights / Weekends etc.) and whether you are looking for a full time or part time and possible start dates.
Located at Dixon Rd and Hwy 427, we offer free parking!
Please put “Specialized Care Centre” in the Subject Line.
We have immediate openings, we are looking forward to meeting you!
We are a “Great Place to Work”. Toronto Grace Health Centre is committed to inclusive and accessible employment practices. If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process please notify the Human Resources Department.
The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre has been accredited with a 4 year Exemplary Standing in 2016 by Accreditation Canada.
Thank you for your interest in The Toronto Grace Health Centre. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- BLS Certification (preferred)
- Nursing (required)