The IOOF offers benefits to all part time and full time employees.
The IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. is an established and progressive charitable corporation providing accommodation and support services to seniors through a multi-facility continuum of care which includes a long term care home, supportive housing and life-lease housing.
The IOOF is a caring and supportive organization that values its employees. We strive to provide an environment where hard work is acknowledged, appreciated and recognized.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be deemed qualifying. Preferred areas are considered an asset and will be deemed as more qualifying.
- Possess a Personal Support Worker Certificate or equivalent as per O. Reg. 79/10 of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007;
- Two (2) years' related experience working in a long-term care facility - preferred;
- Proficient working knowledge of computers and computer literacy- required;
- Advanced skills in the use of Point of Care (POC) preferred; and
- Additional studies completed in Activation Techniques, Gerontology, First Aid and/or CPR – preferred.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
The applicant must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Working knowledge of the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Homes Act, 2007and related Ontario Regulations;
- Familiarity with Compliance under the LTCHA – the LTC Quality Inspection Program and the Inspection Protocols (IP’s) for Resident Care;
- Good understanding of Continuous Quality Management (CQI) principles, legislative requirements for nursing services;
- Computer literacy including computerized Resident charting;
- Ability to work with and relate to interdisciplinary team members, Management and other internal/external stakeholders;
- Ability to effectively prioritize and deal effectively with competing priorities
The applicant must demonstrate the following skills:
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Positive working attitude and team building skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Mature judgement with good analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective listening skills
- Well organized with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Clear aptitude for detail-oriented work
- Diplomacy and discretion
IOOF Seniors Homes Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in the recruitment and selection process for job applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Please advise when you are contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards).
If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability, please let us know.
Part-time hours: 30 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Casual
Salary: $21.46 per hour
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Monday to Friday
- PSW Certificate (Required)