Position Type: Temporary Contract, Full-Time, 35 hours per week (5 days a week – Monday to Friday)
Estimated Start Date: ASAP
Estimated Duration: Up to March 31, 2021
Location: 18 King Street East, Bolton ON
Deadline to Apply: by January 17, 2021
Agency Overview: Within our own five community service locations, six Peel Living buildings, and throughout the entirety of the Town of Caledon, Caledon Community Services (CCS) is helping shape the future of a caring and engaged Caledon community. We turn 50 this year! Our programs address community needs in a uniquely challenging and increasingly diverse GTA community. CCS is home to Caledon’s only accessible transportation program, the Exchange Community Hub that includes food supports and a range of activities, the Caledon Specialist Clinic, and personal support services for seniors. We offer settlement services and language classes for newcomers and comprehensive employment services for job seekers and local businesses. We provide paid training programs for Caledon youth as well as exciting internships and volunteer opportunities. Finally, we open our doors to the community daily within our two fabulous retail shopping destinations that support all of our programs. The breadth of our services makes for compelling opportunities to attract new friends and raise support for our work. Learn more at ccs4u.org.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Manager, Newcomer Services, the Program Outreach Specialist/Administrator (Settlement Program) will support settlement project staff and primarily promote immigrant and refugee programs and projects including social mentoring, networking, settlement, research, and blog posts writing. The Outreach Specialist/Administrator will be responsible to provide part or all aspects of the Settlement Services model primarily focusing on newcomers to Canada individuals and entire families.
Position Deliverables/Accountabilities: The Program Outreach Specialist/Administrator is a member of the Employment & Training Division. Under the general direction of the Manager, Newcomers Services Programs the incumbent will be primarily focused on:
- Supporting community outreach to increase newcomer client participation;
- Conduct outreach and partnership development with various community stakeholders;
- Complete administration duties to assisting clients participating in language programs.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Research and Outreach of Immigrant and Refugee settlement services:
- Researching potential outreach catchment areas and conducting environmental surveys to identify potential outreach opportunities in the community;
- Conduct outreach and partnership development with various community, businesses and individual sponsors of refugees as part of client intake;
- Pre-screen clients, for settlement programs and refer clients to the worker or other departments in CCS;
- Assist the staff with providing presentations in the community organizations and events.
Refugee and Immigrant integration services:
- Promotion of services in the community for eligible clients;
- Identifying potential partnerships among community organizations and providing the contacts and leads to program staff and supervisor for further consideration;
- Establish and maintain relationships with other community agencies that provide specialized refugee settlement and social services;
- Assist the program staff with Service coordination with other agencies to meet community needs and facilitate access to settlement services to clients;
- Prepare blog and social media posts, case studies, and other written documentation of program activities, events, and outcomes;
- Assist in preparing flyers and outreach packages;
- Assist in promoting programs and services via social media;
- Coordinate in assisting with settlement-related information sessions and promoting them.
- Assist with the distribution, collection, collation and analysis of participant surveys and other evaluation methodology mid-way and at the completion of services;
- Help to Maintain files organized;
- Assist with Register clients for workshops/information sessions/networking/mentoring activities;
- Assist with blog posts, white papers and conducts research to prepare reports.
- Participates in a team approach to ensure that the effective and co-operative functioning across the division;
- Participates in a division team approach to ensure that the effective and co-operative functioning of all specialists is maintained;
- Participates in decision making procedures within the context of the mission statement;
- Develops strong working relationships with affiliates;
- Creates and implements a detailed schedule for participant workshops and information sessions;
- Maintains updated participant files for tracking progress and for program completion;
- Provides monthly reporting of program stats for each intake to Manager;
- Assists and trains volunteers interested in helping out the Settlement Services program;
- Represents the Centre and program as needed;
- Demonstrates/models professionalism in all aspects of program delivery;
- Participates in monthly meetings with Division and program staff to ensure participant’s progress updates and participant interests/needs are shared with program staff;
- Other duties as assigned.
Summary of Qualifications:
- 2 year College Diploma in a relevant field such as computer sciences, marketing/communication, and social services and/or relevant direct experience working with newcomers, equity seeking communities;
- Facilitating, groups and individuals, particularly newcomers to Canada;
- Familiarity with social and economic needs and challenges of newcomers to Canada;
- Leadership and teamwork skills;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Conflict management and resolution skills;
- Coaching and facilitation skills;
- Behaviour management skills;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Proven knowledge of MS Office applications, blogs, website, media (twitter, FB, Instagram) and database applications;
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check.
Interested applicants can apply by forwarding an updated resume and cover letter via by the deadline. Please cite competition #21-02. We thank all applicants for their interest but will only be contacting those selected to attend an interview. CCS is an equal opportunity employer encouraging applications from qualified individuals from diverse groups including Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientation or gender identity and other grounds identified under the Ontario Human Rights Code. CCS will provide information and/or accommodation pertaining to this job posting and/or the recruitment process in an accessible manner upon request.
Reference ID: #21-02
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- related: 2 years (Required)