Would you like to manage, coach and support a team of dedicated people in the Financial Market Operations sector?
Do you have a solid understanding of securities?
We're looking for an engaged leader who'll ensure that securities lending and borrowing activities run smoothly, while staying in close communication with the various related stakeholders (trading desk, credit risk, market events, accounting, etc.).
As Manager of the Risks & Controls - Securities Lending and Borrowing team, you'll work with a dynamic and evolving team in a diversified, stimulating environment. You’ll put in place the necessary actions for delivering the services offered with a view to improving efficiency, productivity and profitability in your sector. You'll also engage your employees and help them maximize their contribution while helping them progress and develop their skills through personalized coaching.
In this position, you will report to the Senior Manager – Securities Settlement Process and will be based in downtown Montreal.
What will your day-to-day tasks be?
- Supervise a team of 11 professionals.
- Implement and develop processes in line with new initiatives, new products, auditor recommendations and industry practices.
- Make sure to maintain good relationships with our various stakeholders (Traders, Risk, Credit, etc.).
- Develop, implement and upgrade controls and tools to achieve high quality standards.
- Carry out and supervise various analyses, research initiatives or special projects that have a positive impact on the sector's profitability and efficiency.
- Act as an expert advisor to business partners and in various sector-based projects
- A completed Bachelor's degree in a related field plus 6 years of relevant experience, or a completed Master's degree in a related field plus 4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in personnel management in a transformation context
- Knowledge of the securities industry
- Risk savviness/control environment
- Knowledge of securities lending and borrowing, an asset
- Bilingualism, spoken and written (English and French)
The Bank is daring and innovative and has modernized its performance assessment system to better meet our clients' needs. That's why the expected behaviours of partnership, agility and empowerment count as much as achieving business objectives.
Ready to make a difference within a team? Want to make a positive impact? Submit your application!
Working at National Bank means having access to competitive working conditions, a wide range of employee benefits, a dynamic work environment and telemedicine services.
National Bank sees diversity as a great source of wealth and values it in all its dimensions. Its objective is to offer an open, respectful work environment where all employees can achieve their full potential. Senior management’s concrete commitment helps spread this value across all sectors in the organization. The Bank has been ranked among the top employers for diversity in Canada for several years