KOTT Inc. is one of Ontario’s largest suppliers of products and services for residential construction. With over 250 employees, we serve homebuilders and construction professionals from our four locations in Ottawa and the GTA.
We are a service-based business with a fast-paced workplace, and people are at the heart of our success. We are looking for an HR Generalist with a strong recruiting background to help us build our team and create a great workplace.
What’s the opportunity?
In this role, you have the unique opportunity to develop initiatives at a strategic level, while also providing front line HR services to employees. You help KOTT deliver on our promise of service excellence by making sure we have a strong and supported team. You are the key HR resource to Leadership, and report directly to the COO.
You are self-directed, a team player, have great interpersonal skills, and are customer-service oriented.
· Develop and implement a full-cycle recruitment strategy
· Develop and monitor key performance indicators for HR
· Analyze HR metrics to identify ways to improve recruitment, motivation and compliance
· Conduct periodic compensation analysis to ensure we remain competitive in the marketplace
· Provide support on HR issues to all employees
· Ensure compliance with employment legislation and government requirements
· Administer KOTT’s semi-annual performance assessment process
· Organize training and development initiatives
· Develop and implement HR policies
· Oversee KOTT’s employment & pay equity initiatives
· Supervise KOTT’s dedicated Health & Safety Coordinator
· Other HR-related administrative duties, as required
What you need to succeed
Experience & Education
· Five years’ experience as an HR Generalist in a firm with 100+ employees
· Proven track record in successfully developing and implementing a full cycle recruiting program
· Completed University or College level studies, with a focus in Human Resources
· Experience in a manufacturing or construction-based environment is an asset
· A Human Resources designation is considered an asset
Skills & Qualifications
· Strong verbal and written communications skills
· Fluency in English
· Strong general computer skills are required, including experience with MS Office products
· Experience using Human Resources Management software, preferably ADP’s Workforce Now, is considered a strong asset
Why join KOTT?
Family-run for more than 45 years, we’re large enough to provide opportunities, and small enough to care. Our strong team is a competitive advantage – and we know it’s important to create a great employee experience. In addition to a solid pay & benefits package, we offer:
· $6000 in employee recognition prizes each year
· Access to corporate memberships, and discounted 3rd party products and services
· $250 hiring referral bonus & $100 annual donation to a non-profit organization you are involved with
· 50% off branded clothing at the KOTT store
· Company-paid uniforms for customer-facing employees
· Employee and family events
· 24/7 employee and family assistance program
· Ongoing communications programs, and semi-annual performance assessments
Five core values guide the way we run our business: Be on Board, Own It, Safety First, Reach for More and Keep it Real. Occupational Health & Safety is hugely important at all of our workplaces.
Applicants please note
· Application closing date: July 26, 2021
· This role has some flexibility for occasional work from home
· Travel to the GTA is required 2-3 times/year
· Reliable transportation is essential as KOTT is not on a bus route
· Pay will be based on skills and experience
· You must be legally eligible to work in Canada
· KOTT Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
Contact KOTT HR if you need accommodations to apply or interview
Application deadline: 2021-07-26
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Do you currently possess an HR designation?
- Do you have experience developing and implementing a full cycle recruitment plan?
- Do you have experience using HR Management software (ADP Workforce Now)?
- Human Resources Generalist: 5 years (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19