POSITION: CIVIL INSPECTOR – NORTH VANCOUVER, BC
Webster Engineering Ltd. is seeking a talented civil construction inspector with experience in either the municipal field and /or the private sector who will provide a complement to our recognized area of excellence in land development. The successful candidate will have an understanding and significant experience in civil engineering construction.
Webster Engineering Ltd. is a small and successful civil engineering and land development consulting firm which specializes in steep rocky terrain, located in North Vancouver, BC. Our work includes projects focused on the North Shore, Sea to Sky Corridor, Whistler, Pemberton, Bowen Island, and the Lower Mainland. Our workplace culture reflects a positive and inclusive space that encourages professional development, productivity, efficiency, and collaboration.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications:
· Minimum of 2 years of related experience in civil construction inspection
· The ability to contribute in a team environment
· Strong attention to detail
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written) when dealing with co-workers, the public, clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors
· Strong organizational skills when dealing with reports, photos, testing results, and correspondence
· Strong understanding of MMCD and other local construction standards
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook
· High degree of integrity and honesty
· Works with enthusiasm and dedication
· Must have and maintain a valid BC Driver’s License
· Must have a reliable personal vehicle for use to and from site visits
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Site inspections and preparation of inspection reports, coordination and correspondence with clients, contractors, sub-consultants, and approving authorities. Contract administration, and preparation of payment certificates.
· Salary range is negotiable and will commensurate with experience.
· In addition to BC Medical, an extended medical plan is provided, with amount based on salary, to be used as needed for medical care, glasses, prescriptions, or other medical expenses.
· Performance bonus program commensurate with productivity and profitability paid twice yearly.
· Participation in social events such as monthly lunches, summer family barbecue, and Christmas party weekend.
This is a full-time position. Mileage will be paid to cover driving to and from site visits, at a rate of $0.55 per km. An office camera will be provided for use at site visits. Cell phone costs will be included in salary.
Send your resume and cover letter by e-mail to Michelle Fisher.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off