Requisition ID: 340509
Position Number: 20060176, 20060177
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: Misericordia Health Centre
Department / Unit: Diagnostic Imaging - MHC
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days;Evenings;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $30.879, $32.296, $33.774, $35.375, $37.044, $38.798
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
Under the direction of the Charge Medical Technologist or Designate, the Senior Medical Technologist – Computed Tomography, in addition to performing the duties of a General Duty Medical Technologist, will be responsible for assisting in the general operation of the department.
The Senior Technologist will be responsible for performing routine and emergency Diagnostic Imaging procedures. This individual is required to serve as a Computed Tomography resource to all staff. The incumbent will maintain a safe environment in accordance with professional and provincial guidelines and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs and maintain standards put forth by Accreditation. Functions are conducted in accordance with the Mission and Values of Shared Health, current policies and procedures and applicable legislation.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have at least two (2) years’ experience as a General Duty Radiography Technologist in a large CT scan /Radiography department.
- Supervisory experience an asset.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Radiography program with attained certification by the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (CAMRT).
- Must have completed, or currently registered in the program for CTIC, and provide certificate within 6 months of employment.
- Must have CT Imaging Course 1, 2, & 3 completed.
- Successful completion of an accredited Medical Imaging Technology Program, eligible for registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (C.A.M.R.T.) and registration with the Canadian Association of Medical Radiation Technologists (C.A.M.R.T.) within three months of hire.
- Must have current CPR certification.
- Demonstrated computer skills an asset.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both written and oral.
- Windows computer environment required.
- Microsoft Office programs required.
- Workplace Health and Safety Program or training preferred.
- Apply technical knowledge to interpretation of results, troubleshooting, and assessing of methods.
- Organize and prioritize department duties with duties associated with the Senior Technologist position.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Follow oral and written instructions precisely with attention to detail.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills with ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multi-disciplinary team environment and with external agencies, groups and the public required.
- Proficient analytical skills.
- Work under pressure.
- Maintains confidentiality with all information entrusted to the position.
- Fluent language skills (written and oral) in both French and English may be required.
- Mental and physical health necessary to meet the demands of the job required.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request during the assessment and selection process.