dunk™, a division of The Hazelwood Group, is seeking a Manufacturing Assembly Technician to join our growing company on Vancouver Island. This is a new, full-time, permanent position with great perks and benefits. The main work locations will be in Cassidy and Chemainus.
Our ideal candidate is self-motivated, mechanically inclined (maybe you took apart mom’s toaster when you were a kid to find out how it works?), and isn’t afraid of interesting challenges.
The Manufacturing Assembly Technician will be responsible for the assembly of pools and installation of components according to established procedures, making sure to follow all safety protocols and policies (this means no sampling the product, sorry!). In addition, the Manufacturing Assembly Technician will provide product support and customer service for installation and troubleshooting. This will include travel to pool installation sites.
- Reads and interprets work orders to perform specified assembly.
- Tests and inspects equipment function for quality and reliability, including diagnosing problems, replacing or repairing parts, and making adjustments.
- Ensures users are properly trained in maintaining swimming pool equipment.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Updates and maintains information in records systems and department databases.
- Completes all necessary reports and records related to the position as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a trade such as Plumbing, Sprinkler Fitting, or HVAC would be great.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving prowess required
- Knowledge and experience in the operation and function of swimming pool equipment is an asset.
- Highly motivated and able to work independently
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Exhibit initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership.
- A High level of sound and independent judgment and reasoning.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Ability to function alone or as part of a team.
Benefits of Employment – Why work at dunk™?
- Comprehensive group benefits plan offered after three months of employment.
- Strong team environment that encourages and supports continuous learning and career advancement.
- Employee & Family Assistance Plan available immediately upon hire
- Company team building events that include bowling, golf, paintball, barbeques, etc. We like to have fun!
- Supportive and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
- Family oriented work environment.
dunk™ builds pools for people who never thought they’d own a pool. With a history of steel and engineering under our water-belt, we pride ourselves in building custom all-in-one pool systems that are affordable, efficient, smart, relocatable, and overflowing with health and lifestyle benefits. We craft these innovative pools from our very own backyard – in beautiful Nanaimo, British Columbia. Check out our website for more information https://www.dunkpools.com. Not to brag, but we’re kinda great!
dunk™ your way to a swimmingly great career - Apply now!
Job Type: Full-time
- Nanaimo, BC (Preferred)