With a legacy that spans over 100 years, Stelco is a company that has grown along with Canada and its global partners. We understand that twenty-first century competition demands the highest quality products, period. So, Stelco is bringing together the people, technology, and unmatched market knowledge to, once again, take on that challenge from here at home.
Position Title: Web Developer
Job Location: Hamilton - On-Site
Job Type: Full Time / Permanent
The Web Developer role is responsible for creating and maintaining Stelco’s web applications architecture as well as providing support for a broad suite of third-party applications across the organization. The web developer will design, develop & deploy web applications and backend services to meet the needs of the business and facilitate process improvement and automation.
Safety is the Core Value of Stelco, and the individual will make Safety the #1 priority in the execution of all work activities, including monitoring contractor/vendor safety in support of work efforts.
This position reports to the Application Services Manager
- Bachelor’s degree or community college diploma in Computer Science or Software Programming or related studies
- Minimum 5 years of experience using: C# & .Net Framework, MVC 5, SQL Server
- Candidates with .NET CORE experience will be favored
- Documented experience with: JQuery, Html, Azure DevOps/Team Foundation Server/Git, unit testing, IIS servers, SOLID principles
- Experience with Microsoft D365 or AX is an asset.
- Drivers License and reliable transportation is required
- Under general supervision, work with the business to understand their needs, present solutions and alternatives best meeting requirements, and translate them into application build requirements and documentation
- Create web applications and back end services to fulfill documented requirements
- Create and manage work items throughout the project lifecycle
- Develop broad, robust test plans to cover all likely application scenarios, then translate those test plans into unit and integration tests
- Use source control to document and archive code as well as work collaboratively with team members on projects
- Troubleshoot and investigate issues with existing software applications
- Act as a competent participant in small, medium, and large project teams.
- Maintain availability for off-hours responses to high-priority issues.
- Develop change control documentation to implement and verify changes in production systems.
Job Skills and Knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management
- Ability to work both autonomously and within a team environment
- Ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to distinguish the “big picture” from the details
- The ability to follow direction and work well with others is a necessity
- Industrial/Manufacturing, preferably Steel Industry experience preferred
- Steel Industry experience is an asset
- Normal, fast-paced office environment for a high impact team
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Stelco is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Applicants should advise Human Resources if they require any type of accommodation during the recruitment process.
Reference ID: 429WD
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Temporarily due to COVID-19