Nestlé Health Science was created in 2011 by Nestlé, the leading food and beverage company. We are a unique health science company focused on advancing the role nutrition plays in changing the course of health for consumers, patients and healthcare professionals. Focused on delivering quality-of-life benefits through nutritional solutions, we harness scientific and clinical advances to improve health through managed nutrition. Behind our pioneering company are 3,000 people around the world who are driving breakthroughs and innovating for impact. With a global presence in about 50 markets, we invite you to impact the future of health and your career with us.
Nestlé Health Science Canada
We are looking for a Territory Manager in London, Ontario reporting into the Regional Business Manager (Ontario West and Atlantic) on the Nestlé Health Science side of our business. This position is ideal for a high-energy, self-motivated, creative professional who is looking for an opportunity to further develop a dynamic sales career focused on Nutrition. The successful applicant will be responsible for Southwestern Ontario including London to Windsor.
A day in the life of...
As a Territory Manager, you will be responsible to achieve sales targets by promoting Nestlé Health Science products in a professional, effective manner while maintaining awareness of the competitive products and marketplace activities. You will analyze account level sales data and establish insights to highlight trends, opportunities and risks, and develop selling strategies to respond effectively. You will be calling on Medical and Nutrition professionals and stimulating recommendations of Nestlé Health Sciences solutions as well as managing sales to a select group of customers.
You will also:
- Develop territory level business plans that align with the overall regional business plans and commercial strategy with information and direction provided by your Regional Manager
- Effectively execute programs as defined by the business
- Develop new sales opportunities by developing deep understanding of customer needs within Acute Care, LTC, and Community channels as well as prospect and build relationships with target Professionals and Key Opinion Leaders
- Build key customer relationships that will enable Nestlé Health Science to meet strategic sales growth and liaise with key customers and influencers in order to keep Nestlé apprised of latest nutrition research, trends and competitive activity, as well as to promote Nestlé as a Leader in Medical Nutrition.
- Ensure compliance of Nestlé contracts as it pertains to the full product line, where applicable.
- Maintain a customer database to record customer information, call activity, action, follow-ups, and results
- Promote and influence NHSc solutions by delivering and/or facilitiating educational seminars to customers as well as attending educational events and conferences.
- Report to the Regional Manager on your own field activity and that of the competition by providing feedback
- Perform coverage based on established call frequency and multi-channel cycle plan activity
- Manage territory expenses and sample budget within company guidelines.
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate, you will have superior communication and interpersonal skills with expertise in presenting to individuals as well as large and small groups. You are passionate, driven, results focused and able to identify opportunities, develop and nurture key relationships and plan and prioritize effectively. You will need to have excellent time management skills and be able to adapt quickly to business and market changes. You will have a proven ability to analyze sales reports and data to develop territory level business plans and strategies to align with the overall business strategy and maximize sales.
You will also:
- Have a University degree in a Business-related discipline. A Science or Nutrition degree is a strong asset.
- A registered Dietitian or RN certificate will be considered a strong asset
- Have 2-5 years of successful direct sales experience preferably within the Healthcare/medical or Devices/Pharma industry.
- Have thorough knowledge of the Healthcare segment (Acute, Community and Long Term Care)
- Have the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Have strong problem solving, strategic business thinking and analytical skills.
- Have proven experience using MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and a good understanding of network applications related to Sales Information. SAP experience is an asset.
- Candidate must possess a full valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Candidate must reside within the territory or be willing to relocate and must be able and willing to travel as required based on territory needs.
Nestlé is 308,000 employees strong and are driven by the purpose of enhancing the quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. With more than CHF 91.4 billion sales in 2018, we have an expansive presence with 413 factories in more than 85 countries. We believe our people are our most important asset, so we'll offer you a dynamic international working environment with constant opportunities for development. Want to learn more? Visit us at www.nestle.com.