At SpeedLine, we’re passionate about delivering products and services that make our clients successful. That’s our mission, and we work hard to achieve it. We’re in a dynamic slice of the software industry, creating and supporting technology solutions that help restaurant chains deliver millions of pizzas each week.
An established tech employer in the Fraser Valley, SpeedLine has been the leading developer of pizza delivery point of sale (POS) software in North America since 1990. Today, we're growing quickly to develop and support the next generation of restaurant ordering and delivery software, built on the latest cloud technologies. We are looking for Support Technicians to join our passionate, customer service focused team and contribute to our ongoing successful operation in Abbotsford, BC.
If you are looking for an in-house Support Technician role with a company that has been developing, selling, supporting and installing their own software product for over 20 years—and where your input and ideas can help continue to make us successful—then this role is for you. Our hours of operation are 7 days a week from 6AM to Midnight and shift schedules vary within those hours.
In a typical day, you would:
- Help our clients ensure the ongoing successful operation of our/their point of sale systems—and help us maintain our 97% customer satisfaction rating.
- Support our own software, not a third party’s, with development support in-house.
- Provide hardware, software and system support to end users.
- Help our clients minimize downtime and increase productivity.
- Deliver prompt, courteous and sound technical advice.
To succeed in this role, you bring:
- Minimum one year experience in a first level technical support position.
- Have and maintain a valid BC driver’s license.
- High school graduate (Grade 12 or equivalent).
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with strong multitasking skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Operating system, small network and system support knowledge and experience.
- Excellent typing and computer skills.
- Attentive to detail, and the ability to juggle multiple projects and react quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently, problem-solve, and perform a variety of tasks.
- Ability to serve as an interface for the organization.
- Available to work a flexible schedule. (Our call center is open 365 days a year from 6am to midnight.)
Considered an Asset:
- Knowledge of restaurant operations and the technical requirements of a successful point of sale installation.
- A post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate program in a related field.
Pay and Benefits:
- Working with our in-house developed and managed software POS systems.
- Competitive salary plus bonus incentives up to $5100 per year.
- Competitive benefits package (medical and dental)
- Paid annual vacation.
- Annual compensation review.
- Group RRSP.
- Four-week paid training program.
- Ongoing refresher training and associate programs, to support your professional growth, career path, and long term success.
- Regular one-on-one coaching sessions.
- Company support for employee wellness, fun, and giving back through Health & Wellness, Green, and Giving committee events and initiatives.
- Regular onsite and offsite staff social events throughout the year hosted by our Social Committee.
- Comfortable and friendly work environment. Game room, lunch room, free parking, coffee and tea, and TV lounge.
To help you succeed we provide a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a comfortable, friendly work environment.
Clearly outlining your relevant experience, please email your resume and cover letter with the subject line "Support Technician - Call Centre - Your Name". Please use PDF format only for attachments.
No telephone inquiries please. Must be eligible to work in Canada.
We would like to thank all candidates in advance for their interest. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The world market for pizza is $128 billion each year. Restaurant delivery is growing consistently in pizza, and explosively in the restaurant industry as a whole. That's great news for SpeedLine. Our local team develops, markets, and supports the leading point of sale solution for this large, technology-hungry industry. Since 1990, we have delivered software solutions to thousands of pizza, quick service, and multi-concept restaurants and chains. With more than 90% of our customers on ongoing support contracts, our service tops the industry, with a 97% satisfaction rating. We have a talented and tenured staff, and we've grown and expanded into new Abbotsford offices in 2018. That has opened up opportunities for talented new team members like you!
Learn more about SpeedLine at www.speedlinesolutions.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Desktop Support: 1 year (Preferred)