William Academy is looking for thenight shift House Parents for our students dormitory The primary focus of this position is to provide support for students through residential programming that will create a safe, engaging, memorable and enjoyable environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor students’ development and provide guidance when necessary.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with students, parents and staff members.
- Communicate set residence policies to students and parents.
- Communicate and appropriately question outside visitors who may enter the building (i.e., delivery personnel, outsiders, agents etc.).
- Liaise with school administration in regards to any student issues.
- Verify log out and sign out forms are complete, parent permission is received, and follow up to any incomplete sign out violations.
- Receive maintenance request forms from students (and follow up), as well as report any housekeeping issues in the housing software.
- Counsel students on cleanliness and housekeeping issues.
- Remain on site throughout the duration of the shift and be contactable by internal or company mobile telephone.
- Aid in morning wake-ups
- Regularly patrol premises/perform room checks to ensure safety of the students and all persons in the residence.
- Accompany students to appointments as assigned (i.e., medical appointments, airport accompaniments, embassy, etc.).
- Other duties as prescribed by the school administration which may be amended from time to time.
- Must be available during evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a related field (Social Work, Child and Youth, etc.) is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Engaging positive attitude with students and fellow staff.
- Ability to handle escalated, high pressure situations and encounters.
Job Type: Contract
- English (Required)