BLUEWATER DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF
Interviews may be conducted via telephone or using technology.
1. The closing date for applying to this vacancy is Tuesday, November 3, 2020 @ 4:00 p.m.
2. Please apply by email, addressed to the Supervisor, and include a cover letter, résumé, references and permission to check references. Please indicate position applying for in the subject title.
We thank everyone for applying, however, only applicants who meet the eligibility requirements will be contacted.
One (1) Temporary Full-Time (1.0 FTE, 35 hours/week) Adult and Continuing Education/Blended Learning Assistant
COMMENCING: As soon as possible and ending July 2, 2021 or earlier if incumbent returns or circumstance change.
LOCATION: Learning Services Department, Bluewater Education Centre, Chesley
SUPERVISOR: Andrea Tang, Learning Services Administrator
SALARY: $24.22 - $24.96/hr (Aug 31/19)
- To be responsible to the Adult Education and Summer School Administrators
- To assist in areas of school office related responsibilities
- To deal with matters that relate to students, staff, and the public in general as required, or in the absence of administrative staff
- To assist with Brightspace by D2L with staff and students (training is provided)
- To act as registrar and District eLearning Contact (DeLC) within Bluewater DSB (training is provided)
- To keep in confidence all information as it relates to students, staff, parents and Bluewater District School Board
- To operate and be responsible for office equipment
- To monitor and/or perform purchasing, accounting, attendance, budget tracking, information systems, travel and meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- A Community College diploma or equivalent certification
- Expertise using Office 365 and ASPEN Student Information System
- High aptitude in computer operations and skill in the use of software
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education and Bluewater District School Board policies
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required as well as solid office procedures knowledge and the use of office equipment
- Strong problem solving and interpersonal skills are necessary
Questions regarding this posting should be directed to:
Learning Services Administrator
Bluewater Education Centre
351 1st Avenue North, Chelsey
519-363-2014 ext. 2013
“Applicants are encouraged to self-identify and notify Human Resources Services if any accommodations are required to participate in the recruitment process.”
Application deadline: 2020-11-03
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $0.00 per year