CUPE Job Posting #903897
Building Systems Mechanic
University Centre, Toronto Rehab
$28.31 to $30.11 per hour (Start rate: determined in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
37.5 hours per week; Days
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs to patient care equipment such as electrical beds, lifters etc.
- Performs minor repairs and preventative maintenance throughout the building including HVAC, plumbing and lighting
- Performs daily water treatment testing
- Provides assistance to calls in regards to elevators, electrical, equipment, beds, etc.
- Responds to calls for patient search, floods, plumbing, heating and cooling equipment
- Place emergency calls for service to Hospital equipment
- Other duties as assigned
- Compliance with and commitment to patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients
Education – Secondary school or higher
Building Environmental Systems Operator – Class 1 & 2, 4th Class Stationary Engineer or higher qualifications required
At minimum, 3 years relevant experience
Must be able to operate a computerized building automation system
Mechanical, electrical and plumbing knowledge
Ability to maintain fans, bearings, pumps, pneumatic controls, basic electrical repairs
Computer literate, capable of reading drawings
Ability to service patient care equipment such as electrical beds & lifting devices
Must be able to follow procedures and verbal instructions with strong attention to detail
Must be able to work independently
Strong oral, written, interpersonal and communication skills
Knowledge of Hospital policy on Safety Standards and WHIMIS
Able to lift heavy objects
Significant bending, lifting and standing
Vaccines (COVID-19 and others) are a requirement of the job unless you have an exemption on a medical ground pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
August 4, 2022 CLOSING DATE: August 11, 2022
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, persons with disabilities and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.