Vish is hiring a Junior Software Engineer in the St. John’s area
Would you like to be part of one of Canada’s most promising start-ups? Are you driven to be successful and gain invaluable skills? Are you looking for a great team? We are currently servicing customers and growing in countries from Canada, US, UK, Australia, New Zealand, and require talented professionals to develop and maintain interactive front-end, web-based applications.
Who are we?
Vish is changing and innovating the hair color industry. At the local level, Vish helps salons eliminate waste, manage their inventory, increase service revenue, and provide valuable insight into their color business. At the global level, Vish will revolutionize supply chain management for the entire hair color industry.
As a Junior Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of a scrum team participating in the full software development lifecycle including solution design, development, QA and implementation. The successful candidate will have a passion for developing exceptional web-based solutions, meeting targets, and working both independently and in a team-based, collaborative environment.
- You are highly technical and detailed-orientated with a positive attitude and an adaptable, creative mindset
- You are a highly collaborative problem solver
- You’re passionate about technology and how it impacts people’s lives, businesses and the environment
- You ‘get’ and respect passionate entrepreneurs who are looking for new solutions for their business
- You are up-to-date with the latest software development trends
- Expertise with Angular or React an asset
- Experience with unit/functional testing, SPA development and toolkit such as webpack an asset
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent education or practical experience
- Passion for clean and beautiful code with an eye for simplicity and pragmatism
- Practical experience with Design Patterns, Design Principles, Software Architecture and Algorithms and automated tests (unit, integration and functional)
- Ability to get up to speed with new systems and concepts quickly
- Keen to constantly learn and improve your own skills, and not afraid to jump into new things
- Curiosity, creative outside-the-box problem-solving abilities and an eye for detail
Why choose us?
Our team is a tight-knit group of aspiring professionals striving for success.
We have an innovative and diverse team of professionals. While many of us have experience working at hair salons, some of us just have a true passion for technology and start-up culture. We’re venture-backed by some of the best tech VCs in the country and are partnered with top innovators in the professional hair salon industry.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- St. John's, NL (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings