Under the general supervision of the Manager, Salmon Arm, the position provides exceptional client service to the general public, applicants, prospective and current students and other stakeholders. With a comprehensive knowledge of Okanagan College program requirements, academic support services, student policies and regulations, this position responds to inquiries about Okanagan College programs and services; provides registration and admission services for all Okanagan College programs; assists with student retention through problem solving and referrals to appropriate services and individuals; maintains and updates student records in accordance with Okanagan College policies and procedures; assists with campus marketing and recruitment; and coordinates and administers a variety of campus events designed to enhance student engagement.
Education and Experience
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent and graduation from a two year post-secondary diploma in a related area. Over two years and up to four years related experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills and ability to resolve sensitive issues
- Exceptional listening and professional communication skills, focused on tact and diplomacy
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Working knowledge and experience with student record systems, including the ability to generate and analyze complex database reports
- Aptitude for learning and working with new systems and software
- Effective problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Collaboration & Collegiality
- Continuous Learning & Information Seeking
- Effective Interactive Communication
- Integrity & Accountability
- Student & Service Focus
Job Specific Competencies
Desired Start Date 08/23/2021
Position End Date (if temporary)
Position is for 20 hours/week and will be worked 4 hours/day Mon – Fri.
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate $26.82 - $30.65
Appointment Type Support - Regular Part-time
Special Instructions to Applicants
Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chair Person and Human Resources if they want a Union observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.
Employee Group Support