While providing integrity to the casino and gambling industry for over 30 years, GLI has established an incomparable team of professionals. Join a global market leader in the gambling industry while leveraging your coding abilities to support a fast-paced, collaborative team. As a Software Engineer you will have the opportunity to work in a team environment to maximize efficiency for the Company by solving technical issues and correcting deficiencies within programs, as assigned. We are seeking a professional like you with a strong attention to detail to join the IT-Software team that maintains the full responsibility of the IT processes and security for our global Company.
Who We Are…
With over 30 years in the industry, Gaming Laboratories International is the global leader in the testing and certification of gaming devices and systems. We are proud of our stability and our history of world-class customer service delivery to more than 480 jurisdictions worldwide.
Why You Should Work Here…
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, which is why they are our biggest investment. We offer competitive salaries, top-notch benefits, and a company culture focused on employee development and career enhancement. Our team members have the opportunity to communicate and collaborate with colleagues around the world.
What You Will Accomplish Here…
This is a fast-paced, dynamic position and an ideal fit for someone who thrives on wearing many hats to provide end to end software development solutions. You will have an opportunity to collaborate with our global team while consulting with users and management to support cross-functional initiatives that drive efficiency.
This position will focus on the following:
Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Reviews requirements, specifications, and designs to provide feedback on testability and defect risks.
- Creates detailed and comprehensive QA strategies and test plans for new product releases and legacy systems.
- Estimates, prioritizes, and schedules testing activities with Project Managers.
- Executes test plans, both manual and automated, on new product and feature releases.
- Performs regression testing on bugs resolved by the dev team.
- Coordinates user acceptance testing activities with stakeholders and helps train users to implement solutions.
- Profiles application performance to identify the most valuable areas of improvement for the dev team.
Software Support and Maintenance
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Works with the Support Lead to triage and direct incoming support tickets.
- Helps the Support Team diagnose and resolve bugs and support requests.
- Tracks QA metrics, such as defect densities per product, to help identify the most expensive defects and direct QA resources where they will be most effective.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent preferred.
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in software quality assurance or software development on a modern platform, such as C#.
- Excellent understanding of QA methodologies, tools, and best practices.
- Experience with automated testing strategies such as unit testing, or automated browser testing tools such as Selenium, is highly desired.
- Experience working in an Agile development process is a plus.
- Exposure to multiple programming languages and technologies is a plus; Our typical tech stack includes: C#, HTML/CSS/JS, SQL, Entity Framework, and JS frameworks such as Vue.js.
- Familiarity with SQL programming is preferred.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, challenging, and constantly changing environment.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of attention to quality, details, and correctness.
- Must have the ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position.
Gaming Laboratories International (GLI) is a gaming services company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions. If you are requested by GLI to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above.
GLI is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.