OUR SCHOOL IS GROWING
We are searching for the following Full Time (OCT & IB) teachers:
One teacher for PJ (Primary Junior) School Home Room
One teacher for IS (intermediate Senior) Division strong Math/Science background required
DELANO ACADEMY- VAUGHAN (K-8) IB PRIVATE SCHOOL:
*** Due to COVID-19 you will likely be teaching online synchronously and must be comfortable doing so in the event of future school closure.
Delano Academy, is a non denominational & co-educational private day school. Delano is located in Vaughan serving families in neighbouring towns of Richmond Hill, Maple, Thornhill, Aurora & King City. We provide our youngest students a head start to limitless learning potential. We are leaders in 21st century teaching & learning. Delano is at the forefront of revolutionary teaching and learning practices with strength in balanced education of Arts, Athletics, Academics & Character Development.
***Requirements of all candidates for Elementary & Specialty Teachers:
- Teacher must have at least 2 years current private school teaching experience.
- IB experience highly preferred (or teacher must become IB certified before commencing position).
- Teacher must have at least 2 years paid teaching experience teaching in their grade/subjects.
Commencing : September 2020 (Training in August)
The candidates must possess OCT qualifications. Private School teaching experience required. Teachers will only be placed in a particular grade with a minimum of 2 years teaching experience in that grade.
We are a mostly paperless tech rich school. Therefore teachers must have strong technical skills to use MAC and Windows applications and have strong technical skills for a tech enriched school.
Candidate Qualification Requirements
- Solid knowledge of Ontario Ministry Curriculum Expectations
- Solid knowledge of Growing Success
- Ontario paid teaching experience
- IB working experience & certification
- Sound proficiency in teaching subject
- Engineering/coding/programming experience and background an asset with math teaching
- Friendly, nurturing, attentive and respectful characteristics
- Excellent interpersonal and pragmatic skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Familiarity and ability to adhere to, communicate and enforce strict governance of school policies and guidelines
- Educational philosophy aligns with school (see website)
- Values 21st century teaching and learning and works collaboratively
- Strongly values the United Nations Rights of the Child
- Proven ability to handle deadlines, multi task and simultaneously handle students, parents and school administrative needs
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Current Standards First Aid, and CPR/AED
- Updated Vulnerable Sector Police Screening
- Updated immunizations and medical
- Minimum 2+ years of PRIVATE school experience
- Must have taught a grade for at least 2+ years before being placed in that grade at Delano Academy
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including, Outlook and Excel
- Working knowledge of Apple applications
- Team player and vibrant personality
- 3 professional references of related duties
- Coaching experience and competitive or specialized talents preferable (Please detail coaching and athletic training and experience)
The successful candidates will receive: Competitive salary, Benefits plan*
We thank all applicants in advance.Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please do not call or email for correspondence.
Accommodations are available for candidates with accessibility needs due to disability can be made upon request.
Visit our school website for more details www.delanoacademy.com
See Faculty page for expectations.
Local candidates only:
- Private School Teaching Experience: 2 years
- OCT Qualifications
- IB qualifications
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- PRIVATE school: 2 years (Preferred)
- teaching: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- IB Certified (Preferred)
- OCT (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19